less than a week

Jaybr

#21 Post by Jaybr »

Both mine are running, fired up the 450 for the first time tonight:)

They're not quite rideable yet, but I'll finish up tomorrow:rolleyes:

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

I haven't had a good look for race damage yet but everything seemed ok when I cleaned it up after the Spartan mudfest in Kentucky. I'll need an oil change and I'll be ready to ride.

EXriders.com

#23 Post by EXriders.com »

Originally posted by Jaybr
My lower a-arm is here:)

I've got to move the front end off the Speed over to the Cannibal, install exhaust, radiator, batteries and chain.

Install the +1 a-arms on the speed, and I'd like to put the aluminum valve cover on it and fix the leaking water pump.  It's not leaking much, so it may have to wait.

Anyone want to pick up a Mojave in Hanover PA on their way down?  I've got to figure out when I'm going to get it back up there, but the whole motor needs to be torn down and gone through, and a new head installed.  We found what was causing all the problems, a valve adjustment bolt backed out.  This time it shot through the head and and blew out about a 1" wide chunk from top to bottom.:mad:

We found this after I had the hole in the case welded and installed a new counterbalance gear last night.  Started it up and heard the valves and saw oil dripping from up top:eek:

Hey Jay, I am going to Hanover on Thursday to get some part for my Z, so where is this place at that has your Mojave? Maybe I could get it and get it to Derno to bring down? Call me tonight.

EXriders.com

#24 Post by EXriders.com »

Originally posted by ******
Exriders don't worry Im going to  pick it up for him tonight:)

OK, cool!! I am extremely busy anyway, but I would have felt bad if I couldn't have tried to help out Jay with Hanover only being 15 minutes away.

I really would like to come to the ride on Saturday, but I think my wife has a lidy a mile long of things for me to do.

Jaybr

#25 Post by Jaybr »

4:30 am, just came in from the garage.

Got the Houser front end, wave rotors, OMF's and LT Ohlins on the Speed. The shocks are brand new and where setup for XC +1 arms with ZPS, and there is apparently a problem with them. No rebound whatsoever:mad:

Didn't even have time to touch the Cannibal, still needs front end installed, nerfs, battery tray, shocks, chain, plastic. I also need to find some wheel studs for the Honda hubs on the back, powder coater pulled them out and I lost the baggy:mad:

So at this point, I have 2 Honda's, a Mojave, a Polaris, and an Arctic Cat to ride, NO DALE:mad:

I'll probably swap the shocks out and see how it is, then align the front end and at least have one ready for Thursday. Thomez had a nice set of PEP shocks show up here yesterday, I guess if I get the rest of the Cannibal together I'll have to borrow them:eek:

cdrookie

#26 Post by cdrookie »

how much you want for those pep's jay?smile.gif smile.gif :w: