Next Weekend PA,WI,MI ride meet

cannondale27

#11 Post by cannondale27 »

Its done for season.

ScramblerXLE

#12 Post by ScramblerXLE »

DISCLAIMER: This is just my plans for next weekend that I kinda worked out a little with Tim over the phone yesturday, but I'm not sure what he's doing just yet.

Oh, and I'll be running the Ironman GNCC for sure... I need it for points, so let me know if anyone from the site is going!

FYI:

Saturday is the Portland Dog Run in Portland, MI. The track is super fun, and we just ran it for a harescramble event last weekend. I guess they're doing the same thing this weekend except it's free, just bring some food. Here's what I got from the guy at Portland on another site.

"Everyone here keep in mind that Saturday is the "Portland Dog Run" which is a friends and family race day... all for free (bring food) and for fun.....all Harescramble racing and pretty much run just as the Harescramble day except that you can run teams or whatnot....all for fun.
If anyone is interested...show up by 8:30-9am, sign a waiver, and party afterwords if you so choose."

I'm trying to talk Tim into it because Portland is literally just off US96 on the way to Baldwin from Erie. After that, I think you guys are proceeding to Baldwin area (if Tim and I are on the same page.) They'll be partying in Portland and open-riding all night, but if you guys do go to Baldwin, a couple of us MI riders might be joining you. Sadly, not on my 'dale... Something came apart last weekend at portland, giving me my only DNF of the season... Oh well, the KTM should be up to the task of hanging with you guys biggrin.gif

Dachshund

#13 Post by Dachshund »

27, this is this weekend right? Are you planning on riding tomorrow and if so about what time?

cannondale27

#14 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes this weekend.I will be leaving home about 8:00am fri.Should be able to get some riding in by fri afternoon.

Dachshund

#15 Post by Dachshund »

OK, tenative plans are to meet up with yall. Keep us posted on when and where. I would like to be more help but I have never ridden trails before Majestic, so I have know, no more than you about MI trails.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

Some of the guys are going to hit Silverlake Dunes fri.I will be coming in to MI from north so will hit some trails and meet the guys when they are done at SilverLake.But yea it is going to be a adventure.Probably just ask locals the best trails to go to and keep in contact with cell.(920)323-1973

ScramblerXLE

#17 Post by ScramblerXLE »

the trails in Lake County:

The manistee loops in Baldwin, MI are wide-open sandy trails which get wooped out but are groomed so they might be rough or they might be smooth and fast, we'll see when we get there. They have a dealer, a bar/restaurant and a gas station right on those loops so bring gas and food money and we're good to go all day.

The Little "o" loop is a TIGHT woods loop. The soil is all sand, just like the rest of MI, but it's VERY TIGHT in some spots... Like a 50" quad will need to find a way around some trees. It's good fun for us Woods racers, it's 39 miles long and if we were to commit to it, we could do it in 3 hours at a decent pace. Less at race pace. Tim seemed interested in this, and a friend and myself might go do this one also.

Together, there are around 65 miles of trails in the Little O/manistee/Lincoln Hills loops, and I can get you to any point on the map up there. It's pretty good riding, but not terribly challenging. And the only hard part about the "o" is that it's tight.

The Tin Cup loop is a REALLY fun loop that is only a few miles away from the Manistee and Little O loops, but unfortunately does not connect. It's like 18 miles, and takes under an hour to do, but it's generally a bit tighter than the manistee loops, but no where near as bad as the little O. It's generally rougher as well. We usually go here at least 1 time a weekend just because it is like 6 miles from my parent's house up there.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Do any of those trails hook to the Missaukee trails?

cannondale27

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds good.Are these motorcycle rated trails legal if we can fit?Looks like no shortage of trails in MI!

[attachment=9168:little_o_trail.pdf]
[attachment=9169:little_m...ee_trail.pdf]
[attachment=9170:big_o_mo...le_trail.pdf]
[attachment=9171:tin_cup_trail.pdf]

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

I may hit some of these trails on way south.Looks like a guy could easily spend a week hitting trails!
[attachment=9172:Bummers_roost.pdf]
[attachment=9173:Black_Lake_Trail.pdf]