Near Coos Bay... Oregon Dunes

JohnnyBQuick

#21 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Sep 15 2009, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The steep stuff I remember is where the slip face drops down to the trees, practically no run on it at all just point it up and go.

Well, these Cannondale's that's all we need! smile.gif
Speaking of that, last time I was out, I was approached by a guy on a bike, he said he needed help with a friend of his who had taken his 250 auto quad down one of those places where you need some power to get out, and he was stuck at the bottom and could not get his quad out. I went and helped. I just had them run the bike up the hill as far as he could the get off the bike and just run the throttle while walking up the hill. Worked fine to get it out. They were amazed I thought of such a workable Idea.
They shook my hand thanking me till I thought my hand would shake off. Was funny!

NRath

#22 Post by NRath »

Guess you got in your good deed for the day! I'm sure they were about in a panic. I remember once when I was a kid, I had my dirtbike stuck in an almost dried up pond. No matter where I went, it was too slick to get it out. I was worn out and worried to death- you know farther from home than I was supposed to be, trespassing, getting dark, alone. I was about 10, I guess. Fortunately I finally got it and it was probably the biggest relief of my life (at that point, anyway!)

Anyway, good job lending a hand!

JohnnyBQuick

#23 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

Just north of Coos Bay is Winchester Bay, small town, GREAT dunes. Here is a couple shots. Went out there yesterday (Thursday) for 8 hours. Tipped the bike over twice. Thank God for helmets! I am learning NOT to be to crazy on this thing! No lack of power to climb the steepest of hills. Sure had to lean over the gas cap area to keep the front end down though while climbing the steep stuff.
Johnny

JohnnyBQuick

#24 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

More photos of us playing in the area of Winchester Bay....

JohnnyBQuick

#25 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

More photos of us playing in the area of Winchester Bay....

claas900

#26 Post by claas900 »

Looks like a lot of fun.

JohnnyBQuick

#27 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

More shots, in the one you can see the Pacific Ocean.

JohnnyBQuick

#28 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

Last shot of the day. King of the hill?

speedracer

#29 Post by speedracer »

Great pics.I hope you westcoast guys understand how LUCKY you are to have such great riding spots!

Kuma

#30 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Sep 25 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great pics.I hope you westcoast guys understand how LUCKY you are to have such great riding spots!

We do, but on the other hand it's too hot between easter and holloween.
I am jealous of you guys and your woods riding and snowmobiling