CannondaleRiders hit Hatfield-McCoy

NRath

#21 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jan 29 2011, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If we decide to camp, I highly recommend Chief Logan State Park. Its a nice spot and centrally located. There have been several group rides that camp there.

Is it connected to the Bearwallow trails? I see it's close to them...

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

No. It is a couple minutes from the state park. There is camping at the trailhead but when I was there it was just an open lot. I didn't see much in the way of facilities.

kfxbryan

#23 Post by kfxbryan »

Man it would be so much better to stay indoors with a real bed and a shower for like 35 bucks a night. Prolly be like $10 or $20 anyway to camp. Matewan house rules if it is available.

NRath

#24 Post by NRath »

I'm not trying to push the Matewan House only, but I called and got the details since I brought it up. Most important, there is vacancy on our weekend.

It's not the cheapest place in WV, but they've got some great perks. It's $39 per night plus taxes and fees brings it to $48 per night. This includes:
-Wifi
-Full breakfast. Homemade country style with meats and eggs and pancakes and juices and pastries
-All the water, sodas, and ice you want. Yep, a great big fridge and an ice box with bagged ice
-Hot tub... if you dare
-ATV wash with fence to keep them locked up at night
-Laundry service. They'll wash the days riding clothes overnight and have them ready to go again in the morning.
-Trail pass vendor so you can buy your annual trailpass when you sign in and not have to look elsewhere for it

They will provide a full steak dinner- 16 oz pick your cut- ribeye, t-bone, or something else. Including all the sides and dessert for $23.

Also, if we have a group of 10 or more, they'll give another perk (pick one)
1. (3) Drawings for 50 dollar bills. So, that's $150 given away
2. (1) Dinner for all- ham or something else with all the fixings and dessert
3. Drawing for a flat panel tv! Size/brand unknown but only one winner

jesshamner

#25 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (kfxbryan @ Jan 29 2011, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man it would be so much better to stay indoors with a real bed and a shower for like 35 bucks a night. Prolly be like $10 or $20 anyway to camp. Matewan house rules if it is available.

I would rather have a bed and shower as well. I just don't like how far Matewan is from the other trails if we are planning on riding others. There are places like the Matewan House all over the area. But I'm cool with anything. I just want to ride.

NRath

#26 Post by NRath »

KFXBoy and I aren't in cahoots on this- pure coincidence!

I wanted to add that the trailpass is $50. Good for all of 2011. Expires 12/31/11. It allows unlimited access to all 6 of the H-M trailsystems. It's a sticker that get put on your helmet and has to be with you at all times.

This isn't the cheapest trip in the world, but I don't know that there's anything else like it! You actually want to put a little thought into it before going because it pretty much ruins anywhere else you ride! Those little places are just barely worth it!

jesshamner

#27 Post by jesshamner »

So how many do we have for sure? 3? LOL.

kfxbryan

#28 Post by kfxbryan »

QUOTE (NRath @ Jan 29 2011, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KFXBoy and I aren't in cahoots on this- pure coincidence!

Bull... wink.gif

origdragon slayer

#29 Post by origdragon slayer »

Ok Beth said she would go... As long as we stay at that matewan place, she likes history and all that. She wont be on a C'dale though... probly a yfz. I will call and make reservations for Beth and I. Who is deffinatly going for sure?

NRath

#30 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (origdragon slayer @ Jan 29 2011, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is deffinatly going for sure?

I added a list to the original post for a quick look. If 2000 and 27 need to be moved up, say the word!

It'll be good to meet you, OrigD.
Also be nice to see a couple of the other long timers and newbies!

**Edit: It's not confirmed we'll all be staying at the Matewan House, though. But, that certainly doesn't mean you two can't. If she likes history, Matewan is definitely a cool place for it. Very small town with a big story! Really cool flood wall built around it, too. And you can walk across the bridge and be in Kentucky!