Cannondaleriders.com Midwest Summer Ride!!!

67z400

#31 Post by 67z400 »

I am 95% sure that I am in, unless something crazy comes up. I should have 2 buddies with me, possibly even the fiance too. I will most likely by staying at campsite 32. Lets try to create a list on the first post or something to show who is attending.

jesshamner

#32 Post by jesshamner »

I plan on being there sometime on Friday. I wouldn't say early but who knows. I may get anxious and leave thursday night.

Ken, are you thinking about making this trip?

speedracer

#33 Post by speedracer »

I will forsure be there,with 4 or 5 others (jap bikes).I will bring a grill with me and cook up some lunch Saturday for everyone,burgers & brats okay?

dalewannbe

#34 Post by dalewannbe »

I'll be there for sure with either 3 or 4 of us depending on if the wife comes. If the wifes comes, we'll probably end up at a hotel.

Speedracer, are you cooking for everyone?

NRath

#35 Post by NRath »

13 hrs, 900 miles... But get together's are always fun!

What kind of riding is at St. Joe's? I see something about sand flats or something. Is this a trail riding place or what? Does anyone have a perspective on how this place would be on a 90? The kids quads only have about 4" of clearance. After a recent Hatfield McCoy refresher, there is no way I'd take my kids on 90's to H-M.

67z400

#36 Post by 67z400 »

QUOTE (NRath @ May 5 2009, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
13 hrs, 900 miles... But get together's are always fun!

What kind of riding is at St. Joe's? I see something about sand flats or something. Is this a trail riding place or what? Does anyone have a perspective on how this place would be on a 90? The kids quads only have about 4" of clearance. After a recent Hatfield McCoy refresher, there is no way I'd take my kids on 90's to H-M.

St. Joe consists of about 1500 acres of sand flats that range in areas that are trails, mini tracks, open sand flats, and mud holes. There is also around 1500 acres of wooded area that surrounds the sand flats. The woods are full of developed trails. Some trails are easy and some are challenging. There is a bit of everything there.

jesshamner

#37 Post by jesshamner »

Come on Neil! Come through Louisville and we can ride out together!

kevin444

#38 Post by kevin444 »

sounds like a sweet trip, too far for me; something like 1600miles.....whens the next group ride on the west coast or near the west coast?

Kevin

speedracer

#39 Post by speedracer »

Yes, I was planning on cooking. If not, I can pick-up a bunch of Subway sandwiches, either or. There is a big covered pavillion in the pit area, maybe we can snag it! Remember, if you bring the wife and kids there are two nice swim beaches, one you can ride up too. Bicycle and horse paths, playground and lots of attractions nearby, the Arcadia valley. Nrath, your kids would have no problem in the flats, you always see lots of minis out there. There are some easy trails that I have ridden that a 90 could easly ride.

DMAC10

#40 Post by DMAC10 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ May 5 2009, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes,I was planning on cooking.If not,I can pick-up a bunch of Subway sandwiches,either or.There is a big covered pavillion in the pit area,maybe we can snag it!Remember,if you bring the wife and kids there are two nice swim beaches,one you can ride up too.Bicycle and horse paths,playground and lots of attractions nearby,the Arcadia valley.Nrath,your kids would have no problem in the flats,you always see lots of minis out there.There are some easy trails that I have ridden that a 90 could easly ride.

Its looking like I'm going to make it. ( Hopefully )

I will be bringing my grill, I can assist in grilling and help with the food as well. Subway would be expensive !!!!!!!!!!

What are some local things the wife could do, any suggestions?????