CannondaleRiders group ride 9-27 & 28

Jaybr

#41 Post by Jaybr »

The ponds are overflowing and a few trees fell across the trails. I cut all the trees out today and everything is still on. When are you coming up? Got a couple guys coming friday if you want an early start.

4punksdad

#42 Post by 4punksdad »

I'll probably be there saturday morning. Ride all day, camp & drink saturday night & head home sunday around noon with my hangover.:hammer:

any fast food joints nearby or should I bring chow to cook? Since I will only be there a limited time I am trying not to bring too much stuff. All of this is contingent on the wife dropping a new baby sometime this week, which will release the tension on my ball and chain.:whip: :bow: :ride:

Jaybr

#43 Post by Jaybr »

I'm gonna pick up some burgers and dogs and carry a grill out. There's also pizza and sandwiches down the street if you don't like my cooking. I'm also planning on picking up a few cases of bottled water, if I can find any after Issabel. Bring your own beverages, or pick them up when you get here.

4punksdad

#44 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I'm gonna pick up some burgers and dogs and carry a grill out.  There's also pizza and sandwiches down the street if you don't like my cooking.  I'm also planning on picking up a few cases of bottled water, if I can find any after Issabel.  Bring your own beverages, or pick them up when you get here.

cool deal.............need me to bring charcoal or a propane tank or anything?

Jaybr

#45 Post by Jaybr »

Another bag of charcoal wouldn't hurt.

The weather looks great for the weekend, high 70's day/high 50's night, partly cloudy but no rain in the forcast.

I also ordered a porta-john this morning for the weekend, and I'm having a load of gravel delivered this afternoon for the gate area to make it a litte easier to get the big trailers in.

Jaybr

#46 Post by Jaybr »

Anyone bringing a utility quad? We can have a mud bog!

This is one of the ponds, pretty much the left 3/4 of the picture should be grass. There's a picnic table in there somewhere that has water up over the bench.

And to think, last year this time we where worried the pond was going to completely dry up.

thomez

#47 Post by thomez »

If I was coming I would bring both my Wolverine and my Blaze. The Wolv is a lot of fun in that ugly wet stuff!

4punksdad

#48 Post by 4punksdad »

looks like a good pond for some skimming......................is there enough room to get some high speed runs at it?

Jaybr

#49 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by 4punksdad
looks like a good pond for some skimming......................is there enough room to get some high speed runs at it?

You can hit fourth easily but if you can't tell from the pic there's a barbed wire fence around most of it with at least 100 yards between the opening. I'd gladly cut another section of the fence, but the grass on the backside is 3 feet high and I don't think I can get in there to mow.

There is another pond though and the track used to run right through where it's flooded out now with about a 20-30 yard wide section you could try. I'll have the AC out there and will fetch you if you don't make it tongue.gif

4punksdad

#50 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
You can hit fourth easily but if you can't tell from the pic there's a barbed wire fence around most of it with at least 100 yards between the opening.  I'd gladly cut another section of the fence, but the grass on the backside is 3 feet high and I don't think I can get in there to mow.

There is another pond though and the track used to run right through where it's flooded out now with about a 20-30 yard wide section you could try.  I'll have the AC out there and will fetch you if you don't make it tongue.gif

I'll bring 2 bikes smile.gif