Rausch Creek

Derno24

#51 Post by Derno24 »

Justin liked the Falicon bike soo much he didn't want to get off of it!smile.gif

Derno24

#52 Post by Derno24 »

Catching some air!!!

Derno24

#53 Post by Derno24 »

In the corner!

Derno24

#54 Post by Derno24 »

Another!!!

Derno24

#55 Post by Derno24 »

I loved the berms at Rausch they make such a cool backdrop. Not to mention they were only about 10 ft away from me when I took the pics!!!

Derno24

#56 Post by Derno24 »

Last one for now!!!

theJeStEr1340

#57 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Awsome pics. Looks liek a fun track.

aroracer72

#58 Post by aroracer72 »

Local dealer got 5 in. 4 went to customers and one was kept by the dealer(they do this with all new quads). I got to ride it down teh street, and shure it turned good but thats because its 49inches wide. Power wise, wasnt impressed(compaired to 06 450r and yfz which i also rode), and the shocks were better then the honda/yamaha's...but not close to aftermakret brands. YES suzuki has finally created a equal competitor stock for the high performance MX people, but NO im not gonna waist my time trying to get one. It felt good, felt low, jsut felt like a yfz widened with a 450r seat to me. And i got to bomb a couple hills and smaller dealer property berms with it, and it handled just like a 49inch quad would be expected to handle. But all in all, if you dont have a newer 450 quad yet, this MIGHT be the one id buy(dont know its reliability/issues yet), and its a good quad for the price. But im not gonna go through hassle to get one. ANd in my oppinnion, other then it being in production, and being brand new, id pick a dale over it anyday...especially one with a 250r kit.

BTW.....you could have simply pulled the lid and core to see what it was like....because according to dirtwheels it auto adjusts to those changes. And i liked the first dirtwheels interviews about it...."yeah its better then our race z400's this past year, and its supension is better, also we'll be racing them only slightly modified"

Thas why the glen helen opener team suzuki had it all aftermakrket...including swingarm, arms, shocks, stem...bars, ENGINE work by yoshimura, pipe, and then your standard nerfs and beadlocks/tires. It was a joke, and they placed 5th and 15th.....not a very good public race debut for it.
CHAD

Derno24

#59 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by aroracer72
BTW.....you could have simply pulled the lid and core to see what it was like....because according to dirtwheels it auto adjusts to those changes. And i liked the first dirtwheels interviews about it...."yeah its better then our race z400's this past year, and its supension is better, also we'll be racing them only slightly modified"

Thas why the glen helen opener team suzuki had it all aftermakrket...including swingarm, arms, shocks, stem...bars, ENGINE work by yoshimura, pipe, and then your standard nerfs and beadlocks/tires. It was a joke, and they placed 5th and 15th.....not a very good public race debut for it.
CHAD

That's cool, but a couple things....One I agree the power stock is nothing special, but like you are saying and I knew if I tinkered with it (took the lid off and baffle out) I would have gotten more power. I wanted significant time on a stock machine and not making rush judgements on a hopped up machine. As for the team stuff. They changed the arms due to stock only being 47", and if you seriously thought they were going to not hop it up to race you gotta be nuts.

Besides at glen helen it was 3rd and 16th. On a machine that had only been out for a month. Not defending them as I agree with you that I am more impressed with my stroker dale than this motor, but give it time and we will see what comes of it. I do however have to disagree about the ride height and handling. This thing is light years better than a stock honda. Also that seat is definitely suzuki.

jfarrar

#60 Post by jfarrar »

Originally posted by aroracer72

CHAD

doug took THIRD overall on the zuk.not to bad considering it was its first race ever and yammi and honda got quite a few seasons under there belt.plus the pilot is 38 yrs old and recovering from a back injury!there would have been more than likely 2 on the podium if jones didnt have crap luck.a wreck in the first moto bent his STOCK swingarm causing the frame tabs to break in the second moto:cry: chit happens.what happened last week in texas??? zuk took first the first moto!lucky for the honduh boys he wrecked off the start the second.you think any quad up there dont have engine work?every motor on that line is a 20 minute motor no stock motor has a chance.as far as changing the suspension its all about $$$$.the stock shocks definetly need some tuning but can be tuned for them to win on no big deal.ill be uncorking mine tomorrow and give you guys the real deal

oh derno where did you measure your front end at?mine is 49 inches exactly.and my wheel is a full 2 inches from the face of the rim to the outer edge(just wondering if somehow they got the wrong wheel on yours)