Glamis??

Canniboomer

#51 Post by Canniboomer »

Man, this trip just came out of nowhere and only 3 days old this thread -- big group! sounds like a crazy good time...!

haydug

#52 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Canniboomer
Man, this trip just came out of nowhere and only 3 days old this thread -- big group! sounds like a crazy good time...!

Hey boomer: with you being in WA and all, I think you should go pick up laptraffic, ppogue, and tricitydale, and all of you make the trip. Just think of it this way, you'd be saving Lap from getting temporarily banned. His excuse is it's over 2 inches on the map, but I see Jaybr driveing around 12 inches!!

Dune Tales: Here I come!!

Mjollner: Love to have you, come on down!

Jaybr

#53 Post by Jaybr »

Trip is all planned

Leave Tuesday 7:00 am
Arrive Memphis, TN 7:05 pm -- 833 miles
Leave Memphis Wed 7:00am
Arrive Tucumcari, NM 6:48 pm -- 1680 miles
Leave NM Thur 8:00 am
Arrive Pheonix 4:59 pm -- 2320 miles
Leave Pheonix Fri 8:00 am
Arrive Imperial, CA 12:12 pm -- 2580 miles

Reverse trip starting Sunday afternoon

Arrive home Wed, 5:00 total miles 5160 miles

This does not include the 13 hour roundtrip to Haydug's to pickup my quad and trailer next Saturday.

and it's looking good for me to have the 468 Falicon motor for the trip, so you west coast guys need to come see how us East coasters build a motor:p

haydug

#54 Post by haydug »

Paddle tires!! I can bring some paddle tires with me, $85 per set, and I can throw them on the trailer.

Canniboomer

#55 Post by Canniboomer »

Originally posted by haydug
Hey boomer:... you'd be saving Lap from getting temporarily banned. His excuse is it's over 2 inches on the map, but I see Jaybr driveing around 12 inches!!  

Yep, I always heard that Jaybr's map was well hung !!

... and I would hate to miss the chopped liver and baked steak!:ride:

krash

#56 Post by krash »

What time are you guys expecting to be at the dunes, and what day?

Cannondalerider and I may have to make a mad dash up there just to meet everyone!!!

smile.gif smile.gif

RetroZ

#57 Post by RetroZ »

Anybody coming across I70? I can stick out my thumb in Kansas City an hop a ride. I went to SoCal 2 years a go for a school. Took the quad and hit Glamis, Dumont, raced Adelantro, and a WORCS at Glen Helen. Pretty good time for a country boy!! I was a little out of place at the Adelantro race with a XC set up, but it worked.

haydug

#58 Post by haydug »

Add 1 more buckeye to the list! Housercannondale !! :clap: :clap:

By the way: has anyone heard from Derno about this trip?? tongue.gif

daericks

License Plates...

#59 Post by daericks »

You need to show that your bike is registered. Any plate will do. Even if you don't have one, you will be OK. Just expect to pay the $20 fee.

Also, this bugger is getting fairly large and I think my place is the rally point here in Phoenix. I'm going to go ahead and get a a couple of rooms at a hotel just down the road from me but I need to know roughly how many people are planning on being in Phoenix Thursday.

We will be leaving at 7:00 AM Friday morning with homes of arriving before noon in Glamis. For those of you who don't know, Glamis is in the middle of of the middle of the middle of nowhere so don't plan on heading into town for something.

There are also a few ATV shops not too far from my place so we can get all the misc. items we need on Thursday before we go.

Jaybr

#60 Post by Jaybr »

Daericks,

are there any hotels in the Hilton chain near you? I'm doing this trip off saved up points:)