Rausch Creek

badvox

#61 Post by badvox »

Lets not forget about amateur races at Glen helen that were won by the LT-R. Several heats were won by different poeple that weekend. I would say it did make a fairly good showing really.
I mean for someone to get on a quad they've never ridden and win? Thats pretty impressive isnt it? And the amatuer ones were bone stock minus pea shooter and lid.

The pro racers quads thats like saying a chevy beat a ford in a NASCAR race. I mean what is reall ford and chevy about those race cars? not much and its the same with the pro quads to is it not?

Exodus

#62 Post by Exodus »

Nice looking bike Derno. If I was in the market for something other than a Cannondale, I would diffently be looking at the Zook. Not a big fan of Suzuki, but they have diffently got my attention. I cant wait to kick the snot out of one at the track.

What I'm really interested in is the 400 hr Cannondale. Its still got the stock crank bearing? What?

Derno24

#63 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by jfarrar
oh derno where did you measure your front end at?mine is 49 inches exactly.and my wheel is a full 2 inches from the face of the rim to the outer edge(just wondering if somehow they got the wrong wheel on yours)

I measured fom outside of wheel to outside of wheel. I was off the quad so maybe that had something to do with it, but I have heard these measurements from other people besides myself. I did not check the tire offset though so you may be right about that. I will double check tomorrow, but yeah it's all cool. I know the rear rims are 3-5 offset and other goofy measuements, but I didn't spend the time to check the front rims. Go figure.

Derno24

#64 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by Exodus
What I'm really interested in is the 400 hr Cannondale.  Its still got the stock crank bearing?  What?

That is Randy's personal race quad. It is the Only Cannondale he has ever owned and raced. He has 4 seasons on it and practice. He estimated it alot higher in hrs, but can guarantee that the motor has at least 400hrs on it. Stock piston, sleeve, and crank. Yours should be up there in hours too. Maybe not 400, but up in the 200's easy.

Exodus

#65 Post by Exodus »

I agree with you, I'm in the 200+ hrs. That little tale makes me want to ride it until it pops. But I have to at least look at this bearing. And if I look, I just as well replace it. It would just tickle me pink if the crank is still in good shape. That would make my year. I'm glad your getting back to where you were before the crooks stopped by.

cannondale27

#66 Post by cannondale27 »

We finally got one yes one in.Didnt get to ride since it is sold already but I was really impressed by the frame shouldnt need to gusset that one!.Sits alot like YFZ.I think the XC guys will easily be able to get it narrowed up with just rims/rear hubs and probably a front shock revalve.Looking at fuel pump there is one soft line going in.A vent line and a highpressure hard plastic line on it.Looks like one injector.Intake is really small diameter.One of you guys needs to take the tank off so we can all get a good look.

Derno24

#67 Post by Derno24 »

After this weekend I might just do that for ya! I still gotta wash it yet though. I plan on many more pics of things on the quad. One thing that still has me scratching my head is the lack of swingarm protection, but I am sure it will be addressed by someone.

cannondale27

#68 Post by cannondale27 »

Running a tire that small if there was anything substantial it would drag on all the jump faces.

Derno24

#69 Post by Derno24 »

I am not worried about clearance as much as being bashed during an xc race. The linkage has no protection nor any mounts for one. The swinger with 2 separate plates might work, but I am sure a full plate is going to be available.

cannondale27

#70 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes with XC tires clearance wont be a problem.PRM was first to come out with skids for Dales way back.I would try them.