St. Joe, March 20th

svahle

#71 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Mar 22 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you figure that one out, I will let you find out what's up with my black bike. LOL It will just shut off suddenly sometimes as well. It will always fire right back up instantly though.

jinx - My Moto did that from time to time when I first bought it about 4 years ago. I went through and took sandpaper to all the ground contacts and made sure they were good and tight. I also put dieletric grease in all the electrical connectors. I don't know where the problem was, but since then it hasn't happened. Just a thought.

NRath

#72 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Mar 22 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you figure that one out, I will let you find out what's up with my black bike. LOL It will just shut off suddenly sometimes as well. It will always fire right back up instantly though.

Check the stator wires in the clip behind the flywheel- also a possible culprit.

NRath

#73 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (svahle @ Mar 21 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I finally got the RZR and Moto off the trailer this morning. All the ratchet straps were covered in ice by the time I got home. I guess that is weather in the Ozarks. I snapped a few shots of what I came home to. Probably 4-5 inches of snow. That isn't an unusual amount around here, but unexpected given that it was mid 60s just last week.

That's definitely crazy!!!

And I'm not talking about the weather- I'm talking about hauling that crap with the Cayenne!! wink.gif wink.gif

Nice tow vehicle!

z-mann

#74 Post by z-mann »

PLanning on taking the boys this Saturday.. assuming the weather is decent.

jinx44

#75 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (z-mann @ Mar 22 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PLanning on taking the boys this Saturday.. assuming the weather is decent.

The 2 guys that were with me are complaining about being sore. So unless I go alone, we won't be up there this weekend.

svahle

#76 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (NRath @ Mar 22 2010, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's definitely crazy!!!

And I'm not talking about the weather- I'm talking about hauling that crap with the Cayenne!! wink.gif wink.gif

Nice tow vehicle!

Thanks! The Cayenne makes a great tow vehichle. With 340hp, 369 ft/lbf and a 7700lbs towing capacity it handles the job quite nicely. It may not look like it, but the Cayenne weighs just over 5000lbs which is about the same as the Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew Cab it replaced. It also has low range (called "reduction" in Porsche terms) and locking differentials for when the going gets a little tougher. It handles the ski boat just fine also. When unloaded I can still do 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds and pull .88g on the skidpad. I like quick vehicles that handle well. But, I also needed something to pull a trailer/boat. The Cayenne takes care of all that. I can also haul my kids and all their stuff. wink.gif

NRath

#77 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (svahle @ Mar 22 2010, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! The Cayenne makes a great tow vehichle. With 340hp, 369 ft/lbf and a 7700lbs towing capacity it handles the job quite nicely. It may not look like it, but the Cayenne weighs just over 5000lbs which is about the same as the Nissan Titan 4x4 Crew Cab it replaced. It also has low range (called "reduction" in Porsche terms) and locking differentials for when the going gets a little tougher. It handles the ski boat just fine also. When unloaded I can still do 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds and pull .88g on the skidpad. I like quick vehicles that handle well. But, I also needed something to pull a trailer/boat. The Cayenne takes care of all that. I can also haul my kids and all their stuff. wink.gif

That's awesome. I didn't expect it have that high of a tow rating.

z-mann

#78 Post by z-mann »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Mar 22 2010, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 2 guys that were with me are complaining about being sore. So unless I go alone, we won't be up there this weekend.

did you say guys or women you rode with.. lol laugh.gif

jinx44

#79 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (z-mann @ Mar 23 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
did you say guys or women you rode with.. lol laugh.gif

One hasn't trail rode is almost 20 years, so I understand him being sore. The other is just a wuss. lol

z-mann

#80 Post by z-mann »

geeze, all I here is how you "real" country boys are so tough... LAME.. lol