SilverLake Sand Dunes Mears,MI

mydreamride

#51 Post by mydreamride »

Yeah wish I could have stayed longer also. I was just starting to have fun and wasn't doing to bad at the drag strip until my motor started knocking like cannondale27's did. Seems that the 450r shocks worked well for the time I got to ride. Was still fun and great to meet everyone else.

Haz-Matt

#52 Post by Haz-Matt »

Had a great time and it was was nice meeting all the new guys. Hope to see all of you at the spring ride and it was a blast at silverlake.

newcdale02

#53 Post by newcdale02 »

Had a great time also. It was good to finally put some faces to names. For those who don't know him, ANIMALSCANNIBAL is an appropriate forum name. Thanks for the sticker. That was my kids helmet. unsure.gif Timbo, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. Thanks again for all the motor work and advice. It was great fun seeing spank 'em at the drags. Sorry C27 and others had some bad luck. C27, would like to link up sometime for trophy truck races. Timbo, Appreciate the invite to breakfast. Thanks again for a great time. I'll be going back Labor Day weekend, riding Sat. and possibly Sun. Let me know if anyone else will be there.

wistech

#54 Post by wistech »

Timbo came home with an extra helmet . Anyone lose thiers. Let him know and he will ship it to you.

timbomoose

#55 Post by timbomoose »

"For those who don't know him, ANIMALSCANNIBAL is an appropriate forum name. Thanks for the sticker. That was my kids helmet."

"Hey Patrick" is this the decal you were speaking of!

wistech

#56 Post by wistech »

I got Mydreamrides motor out this morning. Just as I suspected it was the exhaust cam bearing. Looks like there was not much damage . The cage didnt melt ,it just broke apart. The magnet in the head caught most of the parts.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#57 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

QUOTE (wistech @ Aug 31 2006, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got Mydreamrides motor out this morning. Just as I suspected it was the exhaust cam bearing. Looks like there was not much damage . The cage didnt melt ,it just broke apart. The magnet in the head caught most of the parts.

You did call it,,,,, I just don't know how. ohmy.gif

wistech

#58 Post by wistech »

Its elementary , He had oil coming out the tranny breather indicating the tranny was over fillied with engine oil and crankcase pressure was pushing it out. That meant the cam bearing was shot and trashed the cam seal. It was the exhaust cam because the water pump seal was still holding indicating the intake cam was still running normally.

cannondale27

#59 Post by cannondale27 »

I would mic those bearing caps.Thats second time it happened to him.Something isnt right.

wistech

#60 Post by wistech »

Hey what ever happened to the 70hp monster with nitrous?