SilverLake Sand Dunes Mears,MI

cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

Back already.Was great meeting all the guys out there and was having a blast.400ex with us got about 10 minutes blew headgasket,First drag race on mine something let loose got a knock now.Thanks for tow Matt really appreciate!Will have it apart by sunday.Next was Mydreamride's with a knock and finally late in day Wistechs tranny or clutch let go.
All the while Timbo was out laying it too all the draggers.I am not exagerating at all when I say 10 to 20 ft wins against everything there including dirtbikes and three wheelers.I never saw him lose!We called carferry and got on day early.Will try again in spring but dang I seem to have bad luck in sand.Never gave any indication something was happening just went.Thought I broke my exhaust it was so loud.Setup I had worked very well though.Just need it to hold up.

wistech

#42 Post by wistech »

Well look on the bright side . All the Cannondales still were running . Just a bit noisier. LOL It was great to finaly win a drag race . Again only to be just beat out when Tim joined in the fray. The SAS really can lay some smack down. Ill bet with my little sister on it it will be unbeatable .

kdeal

#43 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (wistech @ Aug 27 2006, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well look on the bright side . All the Cannondales still were running . Just a bit noisier. LOL It was great to finaly win a drag race . Again only to be just beat out when Tim joined in the fray. The SAS really can lay some smack down. Ill bet with my little sister on it it will be unbeatable .

Maybe your little sister should be riding it when you race Timbo!!!!

J/K the new and improved Wistech will conquer all in the end!!!! LOL

biggrin.gif

azcannon

#44 Post by azcannon »

sounds like it should have been called "motor massacre 2006"

wistech

#45 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (kdeal @ Aug 27 2006, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe your little sister should be riding it when you race Timbo!!!!
J/K the new and improved Wistech will conquer all in the end!!!! LOL

biggrin.gif

Ya and then Tim will have TJ race it . LOL
That kind of gives me an idea. When I fix the clutch I should pull that Winky fragged 450 wiseco out and install one of those new CP460 pistons Tim has with my new high lift exhaust cam . Ill bet that will get that baby close to the magic 60 number. Since Tim is at 58.9 I really think the SAS has a shot . I may have to use a 1000ecm to fine tune it though. Now its time for my Dr Evil laugh.
The lonstar swingarm is definatly going in the trash . Its just way to heavy and not long enough. Plus it developed some more cracks.

The best part of the ride was watching Tim race those tricked out Banshees. Those guys were just shaking thier heads in disbelief.

wistech

#46 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Aug 27 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet they must lose a couple dozen quads out there every day. Silver lake is an over crowded madhouse.

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

Good News biggrin.gif

Tom Hall gets the cookie.Was a decomp failure.This was one of the prototypes I had made they were made out of mild steel.Lasted over 2 years.Will be back in quad and running tomorrow with a Happyboy wieght installed.The magnet in the head caught the broken off piece.Thanks for that Witech.Wieght was still nice and tight never hit anything till it broke.I may go back this weekend to beatup on those guys there so Rubicon if you go let me know.Check it out:

cannondale27

#48 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (azcannon @ Aug 27 2006, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Timbos group only had crash damage.Wanablazes ran great whole weekend.Sucked though was having a blast.Sure hated to leave early mad.gif

Speed 1B

#49 Post by Speed 1B »

So lets hear about Rubicons bike....How bad did he tear Tim up? biggrin.gif

wanablaze

#50 Post by wanablaze »

I've got to say that I had a great time. Good meeting you guys. I still couldn't name everyone in the Suburban, but I think I remember most. Thanx for the food, 27, but I wish you would have taken my moto for a rip. Looks like you were lucky! Hope Wistech's is an easy fix, too.

Next time I'm gonna take Friday and maybe the following Monday off. I didn't get much sleep and got sick Saturday night. I was losing feeling in my hands and started to lose my balance.

I finally got to put some time on the new stroker. Very happy with it. Glad to say that it would pull to the rev limiter in fifth (stock fifth gear, 14-38 gearing, 18" holeshots) in the sand. The torque is unbelievable. I could short shift it and it would just tractor up the hill. Good power delivery all the way from idle to the rev limiter. It ran great all day, only problem I had was that I lost my spark arrestor and exhaust endcap. That's my fault, though.

Somebody needs to teach me how to ride. Timbo kept blowing by me like I was standing still. I watched a few races from the sidelines and couldn't believe the lead Tim gained on some of these guys. Tim definately put the Cdale name out front. Congrats! Hope you guys all had a safe trip home and thanks again for letting me share the room.

I'll post pics tomorrow,
wanablaze