badlands 3-24-08

jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Apr 1 2008, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is his son lol. Of course all of you guys are going to say a Dale. Dont get me wrong, they are friggin sweet. No i dont want it just becuase everyone else has on. They are really nice bikes from what ive read in dirtwheels. Alsoim not really digging the look of the Cannondales. (Frogs) hahah Go ask this same opinion on a yamaha riders forum dad, see what they have to say.

You had a good argument until you mentioned dirtwheels. LOL. Don't believe everything you read and don't buy something because everyone else says its good. Look through those same Dirtwheels magazines that say they the yfz450 is the best quad and look at all the yamaha ads. Then go back through and count the ads for other brands. Ride something that suits you. All the current 450 quads are great! Sit on all of them and ride them if you can.

gml1998

#12 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Apr 1 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You had a good argument until you mentioned dirtwheels. LOL. Don't believe everything you read and don't buy something because everyone else says its good. Look through those same Dirtwheels magazines that say they the yfz450 is the best quad and look at all the yamaha ads. Then go back through and count the ads for other brands. Ride something that suits you. All the current 450 quads are great! Sit on all of them and ride them if you can.

i also like the kfx450 but im a kid with a budget. but you just said that all the current 450's are great. thanks for commenting the YFZ

Dachshund

#13 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Apr 1 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is his son lol. Of course all of you guys are going to say a Dale. Dont get me wrong, they are friggin sweet. No i dont want it just becuase everyone else has on. They are really nice bikes from what ive read in dirtwheels. Alsoim not really digging the look of the Cannondales. (Frogs) hahah Go ask this same opinion on a yamaha riders forum dad, see what they have to say.

The "Frog" will grow on you. You could go this route..........my new addition to the fleet:

I think most of us here are pretty fair on other brands but $$$$$$:HP ratio can't be beat with the "Frog".

Of the quads I have been on, I like the ergonomics of the TRX250r for MX the best. But I'm old and it's like an old pair of jeans.

The 450R has a nice feel and ride also.

If your on a budget, you cant beat a Z400 or even a 400EX.

MyCannibal

#14 Post by MyCannibal »

a kid with a budget can afford a used, updated and reliable cannondale any day and still be able to eat the competition...dont u want to be different?...just my opinion.

gml1998

#15 Post by gml1998 »

i do want to be different, but i dont like the cannondales, sure they have a lot of power and speed but im not diggin it. i dont like the feel of the quad itself. it feels like im sitting really high and close to the front of the bike. Also my brother has a 400ex and i have a 300 ex right now. kinda wanna steer away from honda.

MyCannibal

#16 Post by MyCannibal »

I see...I went from a 300ex to a Dale...the hondas u can drive into the ground...yamahas Im not so sure...but the YFZ does look like a nice quad and its affordable for a new quad.

Dachshund

#17 Post by Dachshund »

QUOTE (gml1998 @ Apr 1 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i do want to be different, but i dont like the cannondales, sure they have a lot of power and speed but im not diggin it. i dont like the feel of the quad itself. it feels like im sitting really high and close to the front of the bike. Also my brother has a 400ex and i have a 300 ex right now. kinda wanna steer away from honda.

I feel the same way about how it feels sitting high. You could all ways do the 250R kit. If you can find one. laugh.gif They feel almost identical to the Honda.

But if you don't like em for whatever reason that's just fine but this is a Cannondale forum so we are going to give you the best reasons to own one. I have 5 Honda's Sitting in the Garage so I'm not biased.

Here is my Nephews Walsh/Moto with the 250R kit:

MyCannibal

#18 Post by MyCannibal »

how'd he get that out there...I see no footprints in the snow...

Dachshund

#19 Post by Dachshund »

He was abducted.

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

I don't really care for the looks of the cdale either. I thought it was really ugly when they first came out. I wish it wasn't so wide in the front and the piece of plastic that sticks up over the air filter is just plain retarded. But, it grew on me a little and I'm ok with it now. The yfz is probably the best looking 450 in my opinion. The honda needs a hood, the LTR needs a nose, the kfx looks like a jetski, the KTM rear fenders look like the old zilla and lt-250r which is ugly, and the Can-am put that radiator right in the front which makes it looks more like a utility.