cannondale27

#21 Post by cannondale27 »

Kdeal you have some explaining to do now laugh.gif

kdeal

#22 Post by kdeal »

Hasn't anybody seen Austin Powers? huh.gif

NRath

#23 Post by NRath »

Hey Wistech! Awesome write up so far! It's great that your able to throw out some updates. It makes my heart sink to see the pics- I want to do that again!!! Maybe I can tag along on one of the dune trips in the future. The Super Chief is awesome, too! I bet it gets some sorry gas mileage, though!

Keep it coming!

Brad Oakley

#24 Post by Brad Oakley »

It was a pleasure having you guys over for the night. You were so polite that Linda said that you could come back anytime you want. Next time you take a pix of me, give me some warning and I'll turn so you can get my good side - you know - the side I showed off when I was sitting on the motorcycle stand. blink.gif

You guys travel carefully. We want to see you back here again!

kdeal

#25 Post by kdeal »

[attachment=7216:post_114...68622522.jpg]

laugh.gif

wistech

#26 Post by wistech »

Just got back to the motel from our last and final day. I am beat. St Anthonies just plain rocks. I can at last say I have climbed Choke Cherry Hill. The Moto was the only quad out there that could do it. Even a couple 450 bikes couldn't get up the fluffy sand of that slope. I think the 450r might have made it if it was geared lower. The only scare for the day was a loud banging noise coming from the Moto while blasting Devils Dune. I thought the engine expired but it still ran perfect. Turned out the paddles started shredding off and I lost 5 of 8 in just a few minutes. They were smacking against the fender and heel guards till they tore off. It was kind of hard to ride with minimal thrust on one side but we made it back to the parking lot and I switched to the Speed. The Kenda Klaws worked ok but I got stuck in a few spots. The Speed although traction hampered could still muster some good runs up Thunder Mountain. Great day. Lots of jumps ,vids and pics.

thedeatons

#27 Post by thedeatons »

I love the LE with the matching seat cover..... Spectacular American pride!

wistech

#28 Post by wistech »

More pics. Lots of bikes there but very few quads.

wistech

#29 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (NRath @ Oct 2 2008, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Wistech! Awesome write up so far! It's great that your able to throw out some updates. It makes my heart sink to see the pics- I want to do that again!!! Maybe I can tag along on one of the dune trips in the future. The Super Chief is awesome, too! I bet it gets some sorry gas mileage, though!

Keep it coming!

The chief is getting between 8 and 12mpg. About the same as all the other newer trucks we ever took before. Power is lacking in the old dog.

thedeatons

#30 Post by thedeatons »

8-12!!! Holy cow.. My Duramax diesel dually (2006) is getting 17, and now it appears I am getting ~20mpg with the latest tune....