Gore WV

TG2891

#1 Post by TG2891 »

Got a group going riding in Gore WV on Dec. 28 if anyone is interested.
The trails are at a campgroung called the Cove Campground:
http://www.covecampground.com/

Then click on tab for moto cove for info on riding.

Hope to see you there
TOM G.

joedirt

#2 Post by joedirt »

what kind of riding? trails? mx?

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

VERY rocky trails!! I ran a VXCS race in Gore one time- out of the Cove campground I think. There were some serious boulders and rock gardens in the course. I don't know if it's all that way, but I'd be looking for somewhere else. But, maybe there are some more trails up there that we didn't get to run on. Isn't there another place up that way? I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head. A few other VXCS guys have mentioned it.

TG, I'm gonna' have to hook up with you one day sooner than later for some riding. What part of VA are you in?

TG2891

#4 Post by TG2891 »

Trail riding. Last year they had a District 7 ATV Harescramble there. I never rode ATV's there but had many times went there trail riding and rock crawling with my 4WD club in my Jeep wrangler. My guess from prior visits is that its going to a mix of terrain - rocky, woods and short hillclimbs.

Should be fun, but you better have a skid plate.

NRath, Im right outside of (10min) Fredericksbug VA. Exit 130 off of I95.

TOM G.

joedirt

#5 Post by joedirt »

How many miles of trail? Are they marked?

TG2891

#6 Post by TG2891 »

I'm sorry but I do not know much about the trails they have. The fee to ride is only $25 so I was going to check it out. Whether it was a blast or a bust, I was ging to give it a try. But from what I remember it should be quite a few miles and I do believe all the trails are marked by number and direction of travel.
Hope that answers what you were looking for.

TOM G.

ljdbn

#7 Post by ljdbn »

sounds good, we are only about 1/2 hour from there and didn't even know it was there. Depending on weather (15 degrees right now) , looks like we will be there....

jim

TG2891

#8 Post by TG2891 »

Great, I will post the time we are going to try to be there so we can meet up.

ljdbn

#9 Post by ljdbn »

sorry we didn't make it...... hope all went well with your ride. we couldn't be there cause right after I sent you the message, my daughter-in-law was rushed to Charleston and had an emergency C-section (15 weeks premature) and we headed south instead of east. On the bright side, I'm a proud Grampa of a 1# 15oz. boy. Scariest thing I've been through in a while, but all seems to be going well now. Hope to catch up with you guys some other time ...........

Jim

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

Congrats!