silver freaking lake!!!!!

jake

#1 Post by jake »

i'm going to be at silver lake sand dunes in michigan on the weekend of the 17th in april. it is a totally awesome place to ride and if you like awesome places to ride your fourwheeler, truck, dirtbike, hovercraft, or whatever crap else you have, you should totally go there......because like i said....awesome......

keep in mind it's going to be april, and it's in michigan, so it will most likely be a little chilly, but in general it's great.

67z400

#2 Post by 67z400 »

Silver Lake looks like fun. I think they have a few regulations. Do all bikes have to have a state atv sticker. I do not have one on mine. Is this a problem?

MX Quad Dad

#3 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I'm not realy a duner, but I do know silver lake does fall a little short on the awesom meter when compared to some of the dunes in other states. I did have a lot of fun there but felt it was a little small acreage wise.

I believe they require MI. ORV stickers and they say they do sound checks at the enterance to the dunes. We hauled both quads in on the back of the truck so they never asked us. they did have trucks potroling the dunes though.

Going before school lets out for the summer is good but if a lot of people show up they have some goofy system to regulate the number of people on the dunes. They do explain thing pretty good on thier web site.

Dachshund

#4 Post by Dachshund »

MI ORV Sticker, State Park sticker or daily pass. We have never been sound checked but last time we were there they were checking for spark arrestors. Can't be too careful, might catch the sand on fire.

67z400

#5 Post by 67z400 »

I am from Missouri and I do not have a state sticker. If I come up there will I be okay as long as I get the standard daily pass sticker?

Dachshund

#6 Post by Dachshund »

The daily pass is a park pass. You still need the MI ORV Annual decal.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-1...34760--,00.html

MX Quad Dad

#7 Post by MX Quad Dad »

does anyone know when they useally start regulating the number of people entering the dunes? Shouln't be a problem in april, but I would like to make a couple trips out there this year

wogntong

#8 Post by wogntong »

I think it's memorial day on you need a voucher...hopefully will see some other dales up there finally...woohoo

joep1219

#9 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (wongtong @ Mar 23 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's memorial day on you need a voucher...hopefully will see some other dales up there finally...woohoo

any weekend with nice weather from open to close you need vouchers, they do require and are very strict on sound and sparkies. if you truck the bikes in they don't check, because your not tech. riding them, but if they catch you riding with out proper stickers you'll need bail money! they catch you with out sparky, your out untill you have one. some times the place is more of a pain in the a** then it's even worth! like said before, the land that you can ride on is less that 500 acres i belive. and when you go on a busy weekend, watch out people are idiots!

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

Wow, that does sound like a pain.We never get hassled here in Missouri,just go and ride!