Cannondaleriders.com Midwest Summer Ride!!!

speedracer

#121 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (dalewannbe @ Jun 18 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The weather looks pretty warm. 94 on Friday. 86 on Saturday, 90+ on Sunday. Is that lake refreshing?The swim beach is in the pit area,sand beach and clear water.The bigger beach is just past the staging area.Everyone have a safe drive!

speedracer

#122 Post by speedracer »

The group ride was a great time. 11 Dales in one place, was a site to see! Only one break, a bearing carrier. Gary and Gus got pics, maybe they will post some later. You can see how hot and humid it was by how red everyones face is, blazing sun, my eyelids are sunburnt!

jesshamner

#123 Post by jesshamner »

Wow that didn't last long. I was assuming it would be for the whole weekend.

dalewannbe

#124 Post by dalewannbe »

It was great meeting more forum members. St. Joes is a really cool place to ride.....maybe cool isn't the correct word since it was hot and humid....but the park is a lot of fun and we didn't even scratch the surface of it. There were 3 others there as well but we didn't get pictures of them. Motodisease & his female friend, & z400.

Jess, some of those guys only live 60 minutes from the park so they didn't have to drive as far as some of us. They are very lucky to have such a great place to ride so close by.

I saw some of the nicest cannondales around too. Speedracer's quads are spotless, and Gary has a zero hour Glamis and another spotless quad. I was embarrassed to have my quads next to them.

I will do St. Joes again, only it will have to be in early to mid May when the weather is a little cooler.

dalewannbe

#125 Post by dalewannbe »

These is how i had to fit 4 quads in my trailer. Luckily 2 of the quads were kid quads...

My boys had a blast.

67z400

#126 Post by 67z400 »

I live only about 75 minutes away, we will have to do it again. I had fun. It was great meeting everyone. I have a few pictures that I will post soon.

dalewannbe

#127 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (67z400 @ Jun 21 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live only about 75 minutes away, we will have to do it again. I had fun. It was great meeting everyone. I have a few pictures that I will post soon.

Did you guys spend alot of time in the trails? I don't think I saw you other than in the parking lot on Saturday.

I do need to get the updated Canniboomer oil line covers. I had one warp and blow oil all over. Thankfully Gary let me borrow one of his and we were good to go.

67z400

#128 Post by 67z400 »

Yes, i spent quite a bit of time in the trails. They were groomed pretty well. There is a trail that loops the boundry of the park that I rode on. You can move pretty good on some of the trails. I rode Friday-Sunday, so I spent a decent amount of time in every place inside the park.

When I was too hot I stopped by the far beach area to go swim for a little bit.

speedracer

#129 Post by speedracer »

I am glad you had a safe trip home Gus. Yes, St.Joe is a great place to ride, something for everyone. I think a person could spend a couple days riding and still find new spots. I hope there is another ride soon, maybe the Badlands? Jess, it was so hot and humid, I think everyone was woreout. Sorry Gary for almost killing you and your wife!

gml1998

#130 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jun 21 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am glad you had a safe trip home Gus. Yes, St.Joe is a great place to ride,something for everyone.I think a person could spend a couple days riding and still find new spots. I hope there is another ride soon, maybe the Badlands? Jess, it was so hot and humid, I think everyone was woreout. Sorry Gary for almost killing you and your wife!

My wife and I had an awesome time riding and meeting everybody at St. Joe's. It was nice to put faces to names, although I will probably forget the names. laugh.gif We were the last ones to leave Saturday night other than 67z400(Tom) who was camping and stayed till Sunday I think. We wanted to get one last ride in as we probably won't get back to St. Joe's for a while. I hope to go back this fall with my son.
I mostly rode the Speed which ran well, but stalled a few times after some racing and a long ride session. It felt like it was running out of gas. I think it was vapor locking, I got it back to the parking lot topped of the gas and let it sit for a while and had no more problems. I did get to use the 02 cannibal, It was my first time riding it. It ran strong and the long travel suspension is great. I've never rode a quad with long travel before. I didn't ride the Glamis, it is my back up quad.
I was stopped by a few riders out in the woods, they wanted to know what kind of bike I was riding. I talked to them for a bit and told them to check out all the Dales in the parking lot. They finally showed up near the end of the day and every one was gone but my wife and I. They wanted to see them all. Maybe next time.
Thanks Dave (Speedracer) for sending me parts to get the Cannibal together and for showing my wife and I around the park.
Dave's got 2 sweet looking Dales, I'm going to have to look for a Quad tech hood it would look good on the Cannibal.
The ride home was safe but when I got home My neighbor was in my back yard cut up a tree limb that broke off his tree. So I spent two hours cutting up a limb before I unloaded the quads and equipment.
Thanks everyone for a great time.