Near Coos Bay... Oregon Dunes

JohnnyBQuick

#11 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

No, not right next to my house, I have to drive 14 miles to get there.
I'll bring my camera next time.

JohnnyBQuick

#12 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

Went riding again tonight, brought my camera. So here are a few shots.

JohnnyBQuick

#13 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

So here are a few more shots.

NRath

#14 Post by NRath »

I just had to give you another reason to go riding! Nice pics! Good looking quad, too!!

Are there trails running all through the trees, too? If so are they sandy or hard pack?

Kuma

#15 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (NRath @ Sep 3 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just had to give you another reason to go riding! Nice pics! Good looking quad, too!!

Are there trails running all through the trees, too? If so are they sandy or hard pack?

I've been there a couple times, from what I remember there are some trails that go through the trees, all sand with berms, JohnnyBQ you need to get a helmet cam and take us on a tour!

TricityCdale

#16 Post by TricityCdale »

Yep, there are a lot of sandy trails through the trees. They're a blast!! The only thing Coos Bay really doesn't have is many good tall, steep dunes. Loads of fun though, and I'm still jealous!

cannondale27

#17 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow must be nice!

JohnnyBQuick

#18 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

JohnnyBQ you need to get a helmet cam and take us on a tour!

If I did, would not have a place to put the video, or really my internet connection is too slow to add one anywhere.

JohnnyBQuick

#19 Post by JohnnyBQuick »

he only thing Coos Bay really doesn't have is many good tall, steep dunes

Guess I'll have to take a ride again and the camera to shoot some of the steeper stuff. It depends on the time of the year and if the wind is changing things.

I want to go out again Thursday. I was gone all last week to Montana. Went to Glacier national Park.

Johnny

Kuma

#20 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (JohnnyBQuick @ Sep 15 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guess I'll have to take a ride again and the camera to shoot some of the steeper stuff. It depends on the time of the year and if the wind is changing things.

I want to go out again Thursday. I was gone all last week to Montana. Went to Glacier national Park.

Johnny

The steep stuff I remember is where the slip face drops down to the trees, practically no run on it at all just point it up and go.