Next Weekend PA,WI,MI ride meet

UpsMan

#31 Post by UpsMan »

Jeez you guys! Please tell me that Bill wasn't riding that yfz.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

No it wasn't Bill laugh.gif He may chime in here it's up to him. Might not be able to type with one hand!

iceracer17

#33 Post by iceracer17 »

Hope he's alright.
I know were he can get a cheap yfz if need be.

MX Quad Dad

#34 Post by MX Quad Dad »

What were you doing? playing chicken???????

wanablaze

#35 Post by wanablaze »

As 27 stated, it turned out to be a pretty eventful weekend. In the previosly mentioned collision, I'm pretty sure that both parties were unconscious at one point; they were both a bit confused when we stumbled upon them. Saw one other instance where a Honda was laying on top of our leader though he got up and shook it off. Thankfully we're all still here. Dad and I ended up cutting the trip short when my left front tire went flat. Putting the couple of mishaps aside, it was a pretty good ride. We couldn't have asked for better weather and the trails were a blast. -sent from my Palm Pre

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Oct 18 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What were you doing? playing chicken???????

Rearended. We were flying in 4th or 5th gear since the whoops dissappear when going that fast. Anyway we were taking the fast routes/fireroads back to trucks to go pick up a quad that was disabled. It happened probably only .5 mi from trucks. I saw a T sign so stopped to check which way to go. Was getting off the quad to go read the sign and that is about all I remember. Feel like a truck ran over me today! If my brakelight were on he might have seen it before I stopped. Not sure. Will definitly be going there again. All the signs had route or trail written on them in marker so you had to stop to look since we didn't want to go back on trails since it would take alot longer to get back to trucks. I was very surprised that trails that were established many years ago were still only quad width wide. Perfect place to practice Harescrambles. Got to call out a thanks to Wannablaze and his dad. They came upon us at perfect time and really helped out since we still had one more guy way back to go get and neither of us were in shape to drive to pick him up. No telling how long both of us were lying there it's all a little foggy but I know for sure my future brake light is getting hardwired to ignition on and it will have a flasher for when stopped like the desert trucks. Guy said he thought I was still moving forward before he hit.

mydreamride

#37 Post by mydreamride »

Boy did that hurt. I'll have an update on my arm to see if I'm going to need surgery or not. It was good to see Steve get up when I went over to him, he wasn't responding for a minute (sorry Steve). Will try to write more later, very hard typing one handed (especially left handed).

kdeal

#38 Post by kdeal »

Holy cow guys! ohmy.gif

cdale55

#39 Post by cdale55 »

Glad to hear nobody got hurt worse! Them kind of crashes are very scary! I know how you feel guys! Been about a month since my crash and I am still trying to heal up!

ScramblerXLE

#40 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Well I broke lots of stuff Saturday at Portland and didn't even get the chance to ride with you guys Sunday. I made it to the first corner in 3rd, but within a lap couldn't push the throttle anymore... Long story, so I pulled off and ripped my carb to pieces right there at the track. After cleaning and modifying the return spring a little bit, it felt a TON better but everyone said it was still too stiff. Either way, I could at least ride it. About 1/4 mile of woods later, I tore a coolant line. After replacing that, we noticed that my rear axle was loose. I tried to tighten it and it wouldn't. Another long story, but the final list for that is 2 tapered bearings, 2 outer races, 2 seals, 1 brake disc hub, and 1 axle lock nut. Wish I could have came up to ride with you guys, but now my focus is getting the KTM back together for Ironman. The parts should be here on time, and if not, I know a guy who'll let me borrow his, but installing a bearing carrier and all the fixins Friday at the track doesn't sound fun... Oh well, the KTM only has to run through one more race in 2009, so I'm gonna lay it on the line as long as I get it back together... Good to hang with you guys who came though! I guess I'll meet Steve and WannaBlaze next time...