St. Joe, Saturday 11-28

jinx44

#1 Post by jinx44 »

A group of us are going to St Joe on Saturday, 11-28. I will be getting there early (closing the business on saturdays during the winter, so I will be there early instead of after we close like previous times) and riding until mid afternoon. There is a group of 4 couples going, and one couple will have their 2 small kids on 50cc. The guys will all have sport bikes, and the women will be on utilities. We plan to ride for a bit as a group, then send the women to the sand to play while the guys hit some of the trails hard. So, bring your kids, bring your wife, etc. There will be a group for everyone.

I will be there with 3 of my Cannondales (including the super sharp FX and cannibal I just picked up). We haven't figured out exactly what vehicles everyone is taking, so I can't tell you yet what group of trucks to look for. I have to find a way to get 6 of my bikes up there. laugh.gif

So far, here is what I know will be in my group:

My bikes:
3 Dales
Red DVX400
AC Green Arctic Cat 400 4X4
Green Kawi 50cc

AJ and wife:
Gray Polaris Pred 500
Green Kawi Bayou 300

Keith and wife:
Yellow 400ex
Green Honda Rancher

The couple that will be riding a couple of my bikes will also have another little suzuki 50 that I think is white.

Anyone else want added to the list?

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

I was there last Sunday,it was quite wet but alot of fun.Wish I could make it,gotta work.Have fun!

jinx44

#3 Post by jinx44 »

Daren couldn't get off work, so he and his boys are out.

Everyone is planning to get there around 8.

I will be in a red Aviator with small trailer. Black cannondale with rough plastic, red/black cannondale, and a bright green Arctic Cat 4X4. AJ will be in a maroon cummins with 16' trailer hauling a grey Predator, green kawi bayou, and my arctic cat. Keith will have a white GMC and small trailer with a yellow 400ex and green Honda Rancher. There will probably be another Dodge dually lifted that is green and have a white/blue banshee and a TTR-125 dirtbike.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Looks like a great day to ride,high near 70,lucky!

jinx44

#5 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Nov 28 2009, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a great day to ride,high near 70,lucky!

It was a great day for sure! Unloaded at 8am and was able to wear a T-shirt on the last weekend in November!!!! That doesn't happen often. The high had to be well above 70 in the early afternoon. Beautiful day, and the overflow parking was full. The place was packed.

I ended up bringing the black bike and the new red cannibal. 15 minutes into the ride, the black bike sprung a fuel leak so it went back on the trailer. I had not ridding the new cannibal for more than 2-3 minutes just pulling it in and out of the shop. Well, it ended up having the same issue that the black bike did last year. Obviously there is a very high amount of ethanol in pump gas in this area, and the ethanol caused the disconnect o-rings to swell and cut off fuel supply. So I rode all day at 1/4 throttle.

It was still a blast. It was the first time I have took the wife out riding. Amazingly, I have been into bikes since before we met but she never wanted to ride. She enjoyed it.

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes weather has been beautiful.Lucky guy to get wife out.I might have to try dunes with mine.Any pics?

jinx44

#7 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Nov 30 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes weather has been beautiful.Lucky guy to get wife out.I might have to try dunes with mine.Any pics?

Well, the wife has never been into any of my hobbies, which is both good and bad. I can go do stuff with friends and don't have to worry about making sure she is having a good time, don't have to listen to her complain, etc. Its also bad because she doesn't understand why I enjoy these things.

She is actually a great woman, and very understanding and level headed. She knows that if she went riding with me in the past, she would be holding the group back. That's one reason she has never wanted to go. This weekend, other women came and all were on utility bikes, so they were able to do their own thing while we hit some trails hard.

No pictures. Too busy riding!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

I understand the pic thing.Is best indicator of a good time.My wife is same way.We are lucky.

z-mann

#9 Post by z-mann »

I had a buddy take some video of some of us drag racing...

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj113/j...Joe11-28-09.flv