St. Joe, March 20th

svahle

#61 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (67z400 @ Mar 20 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great ride guys. It was nice meeting you two. Dalewannbe and I rode a little bit of everything, while only covering about 50% of the park. I had fun riding with you and your friend.

svahle, I wish I could have seen your moto in action. I cleaned up camp and left at around noon. I look forward to doing it again.

We finally left around 4:30. Sorry I didn't get to ride with you guys (although you may not have known it we did follow you guys for a bit until you took a trail that looked to be a little narrow for the RZR). My girlfriend had never ridden the RZR or a quad. I didn't want to just turn her loose on the RZR while I rode with you guys on the Dale. Plus I wanted to get some break in hours on the RZR. She had a great time and turned out to be a pretty good driver. As best I can remember, we took the RZR on trails 100, 300, 400, and 500. She drove almost the entire length of trail 100 at a surprisingly quick pace. In any case, let me know when you're headed back that way.

dalewannbe

#62 Post by dalewannbe »

Tom, I'll figure out my issue with the dale and we'll hit those trails hard again. The trails are a lot of fun when your quad isn't shutting off!!!

jinx44

#63 Post by jinx44 »

Sorry we didn't make it up there in time for us all to get together.

I was waiting on oil filters and fuel tanks from Canniboomer. They came in around 9:30 yesterday morning, and we had them on and were on the road just before noon. We got to the park a little before 2 and I didn't see any of you guys. We rode pretty hard for a couple hours and got back to the truck around 5:20.

After 2 years of fighting quick connects, leaking o-rings, rotten hoses, PITA hose routing, etc, the Canniboomer setup cures all of that. The bikes ran better than they ever have before.

Tom, I tried to call you on our way up so I could get those A-arms. I will either have you ship them, or just meet up later on.

QUOTE (svahle @ Mar 21 2010, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After returning from our last ride I saw another Dale on a trailer in the staging area. If I remember right it was black and yellow and was on a trailer pulled by a short bed Dodge with camo around the bottom. Was that someone on this site? If so, sorry I didn't get a chance say hi.

That was us. We ended up having to take my buddies truck due to problems with mine. The bike was my charcoal/black FX that I brought for a spare. With 4 people riding, I always like to bring a spare bike just in case.

jinx44

#64 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (dalewannbe @ Mar 21 2010, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tom, I'll figure out my issue with the dale and we'll hit those trails hard again. The trails are a lot of fun when your quad isn't shutting off!!!

Check your quick connects. That was one of the problems I was having.

EDIT: In fact, the first time I rode up there with Tom, my bike was cutting out and dying due to the connects.

67z400

#65 Post by 67z400 »

Richard, the a-arms are yours. I expect I will be back to St. Joe within the next few weeks. I will bring you the a-arms and ecu next time we meet up.

jinx44

#66 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (67z400 @ Mar 21 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Richard, the a-arms are yours. I expect I will be back to St. Joe within the next few weeks. I will bring you the a-arms and ecu next time we meet up.

Sounds good.

How about setting up another ride in April. Lets say, 3-4 weeks from this weekend? We are thinking about possibly even camping.

svahle

#67 Post by svahle »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Mar 21 2010, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was us. We ended up having to take my buddies truck due to problems with mine. The bike was my charcoal/black FX that I brought for a spare. With 4 people riding, I always like to bring a spare bike just in case.

Spares are nice. Surprised you didn't spot my Moto sitting on the trailer. We were parked pretty close to each other.

If anyone is planning a trip back to St. Joe, please start a thread or send me a PM.

I finally got the RZR and Moto off the trailer this morning. All the ratchet straps were covered in ice by the time I got home. I guess that is weather in the Ozarks. I snapped a few shots of what I came home to. Probably 4-5 inches of snow. That isn't an unusual amount around here, but unexpected given that it was mid 60s just last week.

jinx44

#68 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (svahle @ Mar 21 2010, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spares are nice. Surprised you didn't spot my Moto sitting on the trailer. We were parked pretty close to each other.

I rode around the parking lot, looking for other dales but didn't see any. I guess I wasn't looking hard enough. LOL

dalewannbe

#69 Post by dalewannbe »

QUOTE (jinx44 @ Mar 21 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check your quick connects. That was one of the problems I was having.

EDIT: In fact, the first time I rode up there with Tom, my bike was cutting out and dying due to the connects.

I was wondering the same thing, but the wierd thing is, the quad woud run fine out in the sand and when I could keep the rpm's up. When I hit the tighter trails, where I have to hit the brakes then it would die. I would hit the start button and the fan would come on.....the radiator would be cool. I would wait for the fan to stop running (I think it runs for a minute) then the quad would start and run fine. The radiator would feel warm after the the quad started and was running. So that has me confused a little. I would thing the radiator should still be warm even if the quad wasn't running. I'm wondering if I have an air pocket in the coolant system somewhere. I need to add this quad has the old style water pump cover and coolant bottle meaning the cover and coolant bottle don't have the nipple for the bleeding line.

I'll get it figured out. It's never done it here, but I don't ride enough here for the quad to get hot even to shut itself off if that is the problem?

jinx44

#70 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (dalewannbe @ Mar 22 2010, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering the same thing, but the wierd thing is, the quad woud run fine out in the sand and when I could keep the rpm's up. When I hit the tighter trails, where I have to hit the brakes then it would die. I would hit the start button and the fan would come on.....the radiator would be cool. I would wait for the fan to stop running (I think it runs for a minute) then the quad would start and run fine. The radiator would feel warm after the the quad started and was running. So that has me confused a little. I would thing the radiator should still be warm even if the quad wasn't running. I'm wondering if I have an air pocket in the coolant system somewhere. I need to add this quad has the old style water pump cover and coolant bottle meaning the cover and coolant bottle don't have the nipple for the bleeding line.

I'll get it figured out. It's never done it here, but I don't ride enough here for the quad to get hot even to shut itself off if that is the problem?

When you figure that one out, I will let you find out what's up with my black bike. LOL It will just shut off suddenly sometimes as well. It will always fire right back up instantly though.