Cannondale owners in England

themadhatter

#1 Post by themadhatter »

Hi all,

Ok so im new to the cannondale way of life but ive gotta say all the guys that own them that ive had contact with across the pond are awesome and a totally stand up bunch of fellow spanner heads!!! wink.gif

Im looking to get all of the cannondale owners togeather for a meet and to exchange numbers and all that jazz.
then we can have a little comunity over here, group buys would be much easier as we can have it all shipped in bulk and then farmed out to different people around the country.

I know were all reserved over here but i think this would be a great oppertunity to grow the cannondale status.

Come on get in touch you know you want too!!!!

cheers

Jay

marshall100

#2 Post by marshall100 »

I'm one! got two dales, live in cornwall.

I reckon Cannomoto or any of the dale suppliers would be best placed to tell us where they're shipping parts too. You see the odd one come up on ebay, and despite being in Quad magazine with mine a couple of months back we are a tiny and somewhat elite group of people in blighty.

themadhatter

#3 Post by themadhatter »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Sep 28 2010, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm one! got two dales, live in cornwall.

I reckon Cannomoto or any of the dale suppliers would be best placed to tell us where they're shipping parts too. You see the odd one come up on ebay, and despite being in Quad magazine with mine a couple of months back we are a tiny and somewhat elite group of people in blighty.

you got 2 have ya???
im building my speed up now, once thats done i think im gonna have to import another one.
think im gonna have to try and find the hens teeth of cannondales, a glamis!!!!
so do you have a almighty hoard of spare parts then???

marshall100

#4 Post by marshall100 »

I got two speeds. A race bike and a road bike. Love them to pieces, it's absolutely true what they say about them, keep them well fettled off the track and they'll repay the favour on it. How many DNF's have I had all year?

None. While I may not be the fastest, that's more down to the rider than the bike, and there's no better felling than beating guys silly on a bike that's usually the oldest in the line up.

Just got to do more with the setup, I'm not a huge MX fan but that's what most of the races are down here, and the speed I feel is better suited to an enduro course. I've done what I set out to do this year which is to break into the top ten at club level. By and large it's mission accomplished.

If you ever, ever import anything that big then let me know, I'd be happy to tag along something of similar size if you get my drift....

I don't have a huge amount of spares, I guess the largest item is a spare engine which I got half way through a rebuild of before I found a replacement unit in the uk. That's the focus of my next job, fix the engine, bigger piston, put it in the race bike, and then do the same with the race bike engine.

Glad you found this place, there simply isn't a better source of info on the internet. Dave at cannomoto fixes most of my faults via e-mail, him and the other guys on here are awesome. I doubt you'd get the same level of help/service if you had other atv's.

themadhatter

#5 Post by themadhatter »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Sep 28 2010, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got two speeds. A race bike and a road bike. Love them to pieces, it's absolutely true what they say about them, keep them well fettled off the track and they'll repay the favour on it. How many DNF's have I had all year?

None. While I may not be the fastest, that's more down to the rider than the bike, and there's no better felling than beating guys silly on a bike that's usually the oldest in the line up.

Just got to do more with the setup, I'm not a huge MX fan but that's what most of the races are down here, and the speed I feel is better suited to an enduro course. I've done what I set out to do this year which is to break into the top ten at club level. By and large it's mission accomplished.

If you ever, ever import anything that big then let me know, I'd be happy to tag along something of similar size if you get my drift....

I don't have a huge amount of spares, I guess the largest item is a spare engine which I got half way through a rebuild of before I found a replacement unit in the uk. That's the focus of my next job, fix the engine, bigger piston, put it in the race bike, and then do the same with the race bike engine.

Glad you found this place, there simply isn't a better source of info on the internet. Dave at cannomoto fixes most of my faults via e-mail, him and the other guys on here are awesome. I doubt you'd get the same level of help/service if you had other atv's.

im planning on bringing over a couple of dales in the early part of next year, once my speed is rebuilt i want to get a moto and a glamis, so yer if you wana put sum stuff in to come over its the best way of bringing it all to the UK.

i really want moto440 bike he is going to part out, but ive got to many other comitments for this year now so i gonna look to start again next year.
if you ever wana off load your bikes i can safely say i would give them a good home with me. wink.gif

next year you should bring your bike down for the air ambulance charity bike run, it goes from london to harwich it would be good to get as many dales as we can together, it would blow the rest of them away!!!

so were do you get parts from in the UK, the last thing i saw for sale was a bike with a blown motor on E-gay and i had to work late and i missed it by an hour or so. was so annoyed about that as i wanted it soooo bad!!!!

this is totally and catagorically the best rider backed forum i have ever been on, ive never been into these kind of places but everyone has the same goal on here and thats to revive the cannondales to there former glory.

Kuma

#6 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (themadhatter @ Sep 28 2010, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im planning on bringing over a couple of dales in the early part of next year, once my speed is rebuilt i want to get a moto and a glamis, so yer if you wana put sum stuff in to come over its the best way of bringing it all to the UK.

i really want moto440 bike he is going to part out, but ive got to many other comitments for this year now so i gonna look to start again next year.
if you ever wana off load your bikes i can safely say i would give them a good home with me. wink.gif

next year you should bring your bike down for the air ambulance charity bike run, it goes from london to harwich it would be good to get as many dales as we can together, it would blow the rest of them away!!!

so were do you get parts from in the UK, the last thing i saw for sale was a bike with a blown motor on E-gay and i had to work late and i missed it by an hour or so. was so annoyed about that as i wanted it soooo bad!!!!

this is totally and catagorically the best rider backed forum i have ever been on, ive never been into these kind of places but everyone has the same goal on here and thats to revive the cannondales to there former glory.

You guys should contact SlOot, he's pretty close in the Netherlands, I'm pretty sure he has a source of quads and parts, probably Dave, he also sells some quads. not sure about importing but may be a bit easier within the EU

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

How about Wayne Schofield in England? He helped alot and seemed to really have good contacts for everything.

marshall100

#8 Post by marshall100 »

I recognise that name, I'm sure I've seen it on quads uk a couple of times. There's a guy I contacted in Plymouth a week ago who had a dale for sale (wanted ??2250 or $3500!?!) I wanted to know if he'd done any engine work in case I get too lazy to do a rebuild and he said he had.....

Went by the name of Mally?

Dave had mentioned sloot to me for engine work as well, but the shipping was a killer. I found a spare motor in the end so I've got all the pieces for a replacement engine once I find the money for pistons, bearings, crank etc.

Did Wayne put a KTM 640 lump in a dale and take it to Weston? I could be wrong. Seems that some riders are oblivious to the benefits and power of the net, I'll bet there are dales changing hands over here for very little money cause nobody knows either how to fix them or where to get the bits from. The guy that broke up the dale and sold me the engine couldn't get it to run for more than five minutes, and when it arrived at my place it wasn't hard to see why....(broken injector mounts, duff stator, knackered spark plug and cap) shocking really and I'm by no means an expert.

I'll upload some pictures tonight to give you an idea of what us outkasts are up against!

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

I dealt with a guy a while back from Shewberry Shropshire . Does that ring a bell?

marshall100

#10 Post by marshall100 »

Nope, doesn't ring a bell....

Anyway, lets play spot the oldest quad:

It's there somewhere if you look really hard....