Cannondale owners in England

MX Quad Dad

#11 Post by MX Quad Dad »

that pic brings an odd thought to mind. I have never competed or even seen a "race start" with dead engine and rider off the bike. with the row of bikes behind the quads I doubt this is a line-up of this type but way back when I raced I had heard of a race start where the riders were standing back behind the bikes and had to run to the bikes start then then go. not sure what type event it was or where they took place.

most tracks around here have rider meetings after the first drop is lined up so a pic like yours is possible here also.

themadhatter

#12 Post by themadhatter »

QUOTE (MX Quad Dad @ Oct 2 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that pic brings an odd thought to mind. I have never competed or even seen a "race start" with dead engine and rider off the bike. with the row of bikes behind the quads I doubt this is a line-up of this type but way back when I raced I had heard of a race start where the riders were standing back behind the bikes and had to run to the bikes start then then go. not sure what type event it was or where they took place.

most tracks around here have rider meetings after the first drop is lined up so a pic like yours is possible here also.

is it the one at the back, behind the tree??? laugh.gif

marshall100

#13 Post by marshall100 »

There's a 'dead man' start enduro in the UK, it's the great eight I think, just like the old Le Mans start. I want to do it next year if I can find someone half decent to ride with.....

Anyway, that KTM I was next to, man alive that thing can shift.

Canniboomer

#14 Post by Canniboomer »

I wonder if the oldest quad is right up front. You know,.... the best looking one with the metallic silver plastic, and the least amount of rust! tongue.gif

wayneschofield

#15 Post by wayneschofield »

I have a mountain of spares, cranks excepted, if you need owt.

Some used stuff, some new.