Any Houston, TX riders?

zacke22

#1 Post by zacke22 »

I will be working in Houston, TX this summer on an internship with an oil company. I've been considering taking my Cannondale down there and and storing it in a storage unit, and hopefully be able to ride it on the weekends. If anyone lives close to Houston, and would be willing to go riding sometimes I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. I would hate to be a thousand miles from my dale all summer, but I don't really see the point in taking it down there unless I can find some good people to ride with or at least a few good places.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

I've heard a few good things about TQRA. http://tqra.txatvracing.com/ I think this is the series that cdalechick was racing.

r.porter

#3 Post by r.porter »

There are several places to ride in the Houston area. Most are MX tracks but the trails in the national forest are a option. It really depends on what kind of riding you prefer and if you ride a bike or a quad.

zacke22

#4 Post by zacke22 »

I ride a quad, and I used to do MX in highschool, but I'm not really looking to get in a racing league, I was just curious if there were a few places to ride reasonably close (an hour or two) to Houston. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still looking for some riders from Houston though!

r.porter

#5 Post by r.porter »

I am in the Houston area and you can find several tracks here. Since you don't want to go racing it is easy to find tracks that are just running practice. All are within one hour of town (plus or minus ) depending on where you are staying.