Where to ride in N.Y.

flyinarmbar

#1 Post by flyinarmbar »

Hey guys, I live on Long Island in N.Y. and was wondering if there was any land to ride on that anyone knows about. There is L.I. motocross, which is pretty much a pro dirtbike track. I used to go to exit 58 off the L.I.E. and not get bothered. I'm looking to get permission from landowner or legal spots. I want to take my 6 and 8 yr old with me and don't want to teach them how to out run the cops..........yet. I have gone to Headquarters Moto Facility in Lake Ariel eastern P.A. and the old Lost Trails, over there too (actually same owners) heard of an old man in upstate, N.Y. (corinth) that lets you ride on his 2500 acres for about 200.00 for the yr. I'll do some intel and report back. Thanks, Dan

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I would suggest going to thequadbuilder.net and looking on there. Most of those guys are from PA, NJ, NY and I know they've got a few places they talk about riding. Hope it helps. From what I understand, riding spots are scarce for you guys! And for everyone for the most part!

I hauled my 11 and 15 yr olds down to Busco Beach in NC last weekend- we had a great time! Way too far for you to drive, though! Pretty neat place, but doesn't come close to Majestic up in PA. I wouldn't recommend Majestic for beginning youth riders, though. Well, it would be okay if you stayed on the right trails.

flyinarmbar

#3 Post by flyinarmbar »

Thanks Rath, I will check out that site. I am in the process of joining an offroad club out on eastern L.I. so the kids and I can ride worry free.

flyinarmbar

#4 Post by flyinarmbar »

So, I found out about a couple of spots out on Long Island, all are illegal but " they dont bother you". NG. I can't take the risk losing the kids quads. Just don't want the hassle. Thank the Lord, a good friend of mine bought 50 acres and a huge house. We plan on building a track for our kids. It borders 9,300 acres of P.A. state land. Gonna be a good summer!!!!!

robs66

#5 Post by robs66 »

QUOTE (flyinarmbar @ Feb 23 2012, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I found out about a couple of spots out on Long Island, all are illegal but " they dont bother you". NG. I can't take the risk losing the kids quads. Just don't want the hassle. Thank the Lord, a good friend of mine bought 50 acres and a huge house for his led lights manufacturer. We plan on building a track for our kids. It borders 9,300 acres of P.A. state land. Gonna be a good summer!!!!!

Hi guys, I'm from NY, here is no risk no gain no pain. Thanks the Lord and thanks for sharing.