cannondale fest... a group ride with just cannondale quads

jesshamner

#31 Post by jesshamner »

Hapsin Acres is a pretty good place to ride and has a lot of different things to do like beanie says. The mx tracks are pretty weak. They have some hill climbs and a pretty good drag strip if they have groomed it like they should. The only problem is that they allow jeeps and buggies so if you're fast on the trail, you will need to watch out.

Also, there isn't a blade of grass on the property. If it rains, its a mud hole from the gate all the way to the parking area. If its dry, it is a dust bowl.

speedfreek

#32 Post by speedfreek »

Doesn't sound too user friendly for camping. You're either living in a dust bowl or a mud pit.

jesshamner

#33 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Mar 16 2012, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't sound too user friendly for camping. You're either living in a dust bowl or a mud pit.

Well if you park in the open area it sucks. But because they allow Jeeps and buggys, you can go back the main trails and camp away from everyone.

NRath

#34 Post by NRath »

All that said- I gotta' think H-M is the place to go. If it's a 10 hour drive or more- I promise it's worth it!! We should be able to find a campsite to take over for the weekend right on one of the systems. Catch the right ones and they're connected. There is so much trail, it's almost unreal.

I do look forward to seeing a report on Durhamtown, though!

bigfoot17

#35 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (NRath @ Mar 19 2012, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All that said- I gotta' think H-M is the place to go. If it's a 10 hour drive or more- I promise it's worth it!! We should be able to find a campsite to take over for the weekend right on one of the systems. Catch the right ones and they're connected. There is so much trail, it's almost unreal.

I do look forward to seeing a report on Durhamtown, though!

I like H-M

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

At last I have till the end of july of vacation. If anyone is interested in a ride around the great lakes let me know. 715 551 1498 The weather here has been unbearable but seems to be letting off. I dusted off one of the Moto's and took it for a ride after a little rain . biggrin.gif Even with 2 year old fuel it was a rip snorting good time. I had plans to spend next week in PA but my better half so far is having second thoughts. sad.gif I will be taking the bike to an friends mx track for the first time tommorrow so things may change in a hurry . LOL

riverat1540

#37 Post by riverat1540 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Jul 14 2012, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At last I have till the end of july of vacation. If anyone is interested in a ride around the great lakes let me know. 715 551 1498 The weather here has been unbearable but seems to be letting off. I dusted off one of the Moto's and took it for a ride after a little rain . biggrin.gif Even with 2 year old fuel it was a rip snorting good time. I had plans to spend next week in PA but my better half so far is having second thoughts. sad.gif I will be taking the bike to an friends mx track for the first time tommorrow so things may change in a hurry . LOL

I wish my quad was in better shape, Had a blast last time I was up!

wipeout

#38 Post by wipeout »

wink.gif i'm up for a group ride.me and miss dale will go anywhere to get some good riding in and meet some great people on sweet rides...

dooberdog5

#39 Post by dooberdog5 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 3 2012, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless we get another dune trip going I would be game for june or july . Got any place with decent trails ,local hotels,camping ,picnic areas. Majestic in PA is sweet but its long overdue for a change of area. In fact we are starting to get quite a few midwest Dales going so maybe something in WI MI IL . Im sure you east coast guys couldnt handle the speeds/size of our trail systems though. LOL

I say bring it on if i had a way there i give it **** .[attachment=13121:cannondale_309.jpg]

bigfoot17

#40 Post by bigfoot17 »

LET'S RIDE!!!!!