Sunset Ridge MX 11-3-2012

m_mcgranahan

#1 Post by m_mcgranahan »

HI,

Here's some video of my ride at Sunset Ridge in Walnut IL. Great time riding but need more quads to show up for practice! There were two of us till the canam threw a rod. Then it was me all by myself! ANyhow, amazing track, super fun and fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpc5IRRWRE4...mp;feature=plcp

God bless...
Mark

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

That track looks as if were built for quads,bet it was a good time.

haulinit

#3 Post by haulinit »

Looking good out there Mark! That can-am was pretty quick around there. Maybe we can go ride one of these days, even thou I'm not much of a MX guy I will try and keep up.

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

Yeah, let me know next time you head there. It's probably about 45 minutes to an hour from my place. I've never ridden there either. I'm not much of an MX guy either, but that place is suppose to be great.

m_mcgranahan

#5 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Hi,

It is so, so sweet to ride on! I was riding a bit reserved cause I can't afford to get hurt and the track had been changed a lot since last spring when I was last there.

I will try to post in this forum before I go next time. It would be so sweet to have a bunch of us Dalers out there!

Even through their season is officially over, one of the owners told me to check their phone and website cause if they get good weather, they may open for a few more practices this year!

God bless...
Mark

m_mcgranahan

#6 Post by m_mcgranahan »

Though still not blazing fast, here is video from my last two laps of the day. I was getting more comfortable on the track, though I was more tired as well, but they are a little faster...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZJDkuIw5nE...mp;feature=plcp

m_mcgranahan

#7 Post by m_mcgranahan »

So I called the track info line and they are planning to have practice this weekend if weather is good. I am planning to go Saturday if it isn't raining.

track info is 815-379-9534 They put the final decision about whether they are open or not up friday after 4pm.

God bless...

Mark

ShifT714

#8 Post by ShifT714 »

where about are you located m mcgranahan? im about 1.5 hrs east of walnut. we should plan a day next spring and get a bunch of dales out there!

m_mcgranahan

#9 Post by m_mcgranahan »

QUOTE (ShifT714 @ Nov 12 2012, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where about are you located m mcgranahan? im about 1.5 hrs east of walnut. we should plan a day next spring and get a bunch of dales out there!

I am in Waterloo IA so it takes me about 3 hours to get there, but its worth the drive :-)

m_mcgranahan

#10 Post by m_mcgranahan »

BTW

They may be open this Saturday. (Got to call after 4pm Friday to see if they are open) If they are open on Sat, I am gonna try to go ride. Hope some of you can join me.

God bless...
Mark