Majestic and DOMS

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Since I was in the area I gave Tim a call and we went for a ride at Majestic. To get my Moto in the avalanche I jack up front evols shock pressure to 100psi to narrow the front end so it fits. Well I left my low pressure gauge at home and winged it with the high pressure gauge. OMG the first loop I was about 7psi to low and what a torturous beatdown. It was wallowing and pounding in the south trails by the mx track which are in very rocky rough and in poor condition. When we got back to the truck I though I was dying my arms were tingling and my chest hurt from hangin on for dear life. I adjusted up the shocks with a more accurate gauge to the right pressure and after that it was back to the normal caddy ride so we hauled but the rest of the day.
I was fine for the trip home until today. Every muscle in my body feels like one big bruise . Ive been sore from riding before but this is the worst. I guess its called delayed onset muscle soreness DOMS with no real cure except time. Pain killers dont seem to help so Im going to gimp around for the next couple of days and spent some quality time in the whirlpool. If anyone has any suggestions for a quick cure I would appreciate it as im supposed to going on a weekend jet ski ,biking trip.

By the way they changed the northern half of the green trail with a nice steep hillclimb so be aware if your skidish about tumbling down a mountain go around that part. Tims bald tires , bad brakes and John's ktm dirt bike couldnt make it up but the moto with new tires had what it takes to claw its way to the top.

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

That's the way I felt after my first race and then again after I had taken a couple years off. I was thinking maybe the next time I might try some sort of recovery drink. Maybe that will work.

MX Quad Dad

#3 Post by MX Quad Dad »

not sure if IBUPROFIN will help but, it is my choice. I have had perscriptions for 600mg. in the past, so sometimes I have accedently doubled the over the counter products which I got carried away with and I believe it caused some problems.

DOMS?????? is that for real? After my first hare scramble which I had ridden way over my abilties/Fitness for the first couple laps. I had felt amazingly well. even after the ride home and the next day I felt great, but, Monday about half way through the day it hit me and the next few days were bad. I mostly only took asprin for pain back then and I would say it barely took the edge off