Southern Nevada Riders

MaicoMan490

#1 Post by MaicoMan490 »

Hello,
Is there any Dale riders in the Las Vegas area?
I have a few Dales, love working on them and riding.
Looking for fellow riders to ride with in Vegas.
Also looking for Dale Motorcycles, Running or not !
Rollers, motors, parts bikes , parts ? ?
LarryStorm503@Gmail.Com

exotic rider

#2 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (MaicoMan490 @ Nov 4 2013, 06:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,
Is there any Dale riders in the Las Vegas area?
I have a few Dales, love working on them and riding.
Looking for fellow riders to ride with in Vegas.

I think I've seen you on the atk site(lapointe350cces)!

werty

#3 Post by werty »

If you come north I'm in carson and there's three quads here.

Jasonboz56

#4 Post by Jasonboz56 »

I live in Vegas love dales and wanna ride! I bought a dale that supposedly only needed a fuel pump. It's got spark and a good battery and fuel pump now. It cranks but won't start. I also don't know where the bolt is to check the flywheel, I'm guessing my next soit to check is the injectors. If I can get it running I'd love to go riding! If I can't are you handy bringing dales back to life? I could pay for help...

yamadjs08

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (Jasonboz56 @ Nov 6 2013, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live in Vegas love dales and wanna ride! I bought a dale that supposedly only needed a fuel pump. It's got spark and a good battery and fuel pump now. It cranks but won't start. I also don't know where the bolt is to check the flywheel, I'm guessing my next soit to check is the injectors. If I can get it running I'd love to go riding! If I can't are you handy bringing dales back to life? I could pay for help...

Does the motor have compression?
Also, if you take the flywheel nut off you can check it without actually removing the flywheel. The key way slot on the flywheel hub should line up with the "C" in cannondale.

I lived in Vegas for 2 years, but never had my Dales out there. Wish I had though, seems like you can ride **** near anywhere you want out in the desert.

werty

#6 Post by werty »

Did you get the one for 900?

Jasonboz56

#7 Post by Jasonboz56 »

QUOTE (werty @ Nov 6 2013, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you get the one for 900?

I just bought a compression tester to check so ill know about compression today. Also where is the flywheel nut so I can check? I can't find it lol

Yes I believe it was advertised for $900. I drove about an hour north of Vegas to pick it up.

rayspeed

#8 Post by rayspeed »

QUOTE (Jasonboz56 @ Nov 6 2013, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just bought a compression tester to check so ill know about compression today. Also where is the flywheel nut so I can check? I can't find it lol

Yes I believe it was advertised for $900. I drove about an hour north of Vegas to pick it up.

Remove the four phillips head screws on the big black plastic cover on the right side... then you need a socket that fits the nut inside the hole and spin it off in the normal direction, might help to put it in gear to keep the motor from turning backwards.

Jasonboz56

#9 Post by Jasonboz56 »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Nov 6 2013, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remove the four phillips head screws on the big black plastic cover on the right side... then you need a socket that fits the nut inside the hole and spin it off in the normal direction, might help to put it in gear to keep the motor from turning backwards.

I've never used a compression tester before but I bought one and tried it out and I'm only showing 35 lbs so I'm guessing unless I didn't use the tester correctly that the motor is bad so I guess I'll try to sell it and buy one running. I didn't check the injectors or flywheel because if there's no compression... If I'm missing something advice would be great otherwise Anybody want a 2003 cannibal with title that's super clean except the plastics and seat? I'm in it $600 I'd like to at least break even or trade it for something running in Vegas. Ideally I'd like to add a little cash and trade for another dale but my budget is limited...

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

Make sure the compression tester is threaded in tight. Also hold the throttle wide open while cranking and don't stop cranking until the needle quits rising on the gauge.

If its a Harbor Freight compression tester, don't trust the reading, they are junk! Every one I have used has read 50-80psi lower than a legit compression tester.