2015 dune ride.... anybody got the bug?

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Its been a while and I would love to head back the ST Anthonys ID or Sand Mountain UT again. Perhaps even the west coast if funds are available. I am thinking May or even better June when the weather is perfect and not on a holiday as I am there to ride an not dodge the drunk idiots. Ill ask some of the local guys but with thier family activities its a slim chance. This year seems like the right time as fuel prices are good for the time being until the next national tradgedy. Its a 22 hour drive from my house and 3 in the truck is perfect for driving rotation. I dont plan on taking a spare quad as you can rent machines at ST Anthonys of something happens.
So anybody from the midwest or east coast ready for the experience of a lifetime guaranteed to remember.

coreyg589

#2 Post by coreyg589 »

I'd love to but each location is about a 32 hour drive for me thats a little more than i can handle

ShifT714

#3 Post by ShifT714 »

Wis you from Wisconsin right? Ever do any riding around here in the midwest?

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (ShifT714 @ Mar 1 2015, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wis you from Wisconsin right? Ever do any riding around here in the midwest?

Im in central Wisconsin. I'll ride anywhere but the mountains of sand out west is something special. Last fall I did a weekend ride in lower MI with Speedfreak and his son which was fun but only was able to ride locally by myself a couple of times. I would be up for ride out to the dunes in MI but silverlake is kind of a joke and extra dangerous as well. The only redeeming factor is its half the distance for most guys. I only have june and july really free to burn up vacation because I have a vacation blackout in aug and sept and cant really take lots time off during the school year as I work for school transportation as the only tech at the shop.

bigfoot17

#5 Post by bigfoot17 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Mar 8 2015, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im in central Wisconsin. I'll ride anywhere but the mountains of sand out west is something special. Last fall I did a weekend ride in lower MI with Speedfreak and his son which was fun but only was able to ride locally by myself a couple of times. I would be up for ride out to the dunes in MI but silverlake is kind of a joke and extra dangerous as well. The only redeeming factor is its half the distance for most guys. I only have june and july really free to burn up vacation because I have a vacation blackout in aug and sept and cant really take lots time off during the school year as I work for school transportation as the only tech at the shop.

We need to get together for a weekend,this summer. But I hate sand and like winding woods trails. That's the bad thing about being the only biker.

werty

#6 Post by werty »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Mar 8 2015, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We need to get together for a weekend,this summer. But I hate sand and like winding woods trails. That's the bad thing about being the only biker.

would love to get do some dunes. or some riding soon. last week in april is normal for us to hit sand mountain up.