Little Sahara Ok.

toothandnail

Little Sahara Ok.

#1 Post by toothandnail »

We are planning to be there feb 27,28,29 . As of today about 15 are going. anyone else going to be there??

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

how many of the 15 are cdales ?should be an awesome time . might even be some snow on the dunes !:head:

toothandnail

#3 Post by toothandnail »

As of now 4 dales,1 gasgas,1 predator,1 z400,1 raptor, 2-4 bikes, not sure about the rest , you know friends invite friends who invite friends ect. We are planning to arive about 1:00 pm on Fri. and leave about 2:00 pm. Sun. Hope to see you there.
We need someone to ride & jump with us,when we were ther last Aug. no one would jump with us,we were the crazyest ones around and we're not that wild. My son & I were jumping about 80-100' on our quads and one bike was doing about 150'-170' with a few freestyle tricks for fun.

J. Delaney

#4 Post by J. Delaney »

If 80-100 feet is not wild, what is? I get nervous jumping my quad 10 feet. I am a weenie.

toothandnail

#5 Post by toothandnail »

Also, forgot 1 warrior. As far as the jumping ,we were under the impression the dune goons do some monster jumps. Some of the pics and stories from Glamis are hard to believe, but if you see the pics and video:eek: . As for our distance we were just stepping it off ,kinda hard to be very accurate in sand, but we jump almost that far in mx, in fact we are adding a 90' table top about 15-20' vertical , to our mx track for this year. Also adding a TT for those who don't like air,(or like me who are a little old to be getting that much air) but still love racing.:duel:

Happyboy

ah, little sahara

#6 Post by Happyboy »

We are headed that way April 22-25. Right now we have about 15+ peeps going. There may be more than that but I don't know everyone. As it stands, I am the ONLY CANNONDALE in the bunch. What can I say, I am a loner. There are a couple 400ex, 1 KFX400, 1 rippin 250r (race fuel only), and a new 450r going. I can't wait to see how I do against the 450r.

I am from Arkansas, is there anyone even remotely close to me? I feel so alone out here with my dale. But I will say, when I tell people what I have I always get smiles. smile.gif

Oh yeah, I like to do some jumps and all but 75-100' is balls to the wall. And mine aren't that big. ****!!! :eek:

BOBBY

#7 Post by BOBBY »

I'm thinking about going soon. Probably in April. I haven't rode dunes yet. Mostly dirt and rocks in my part of the country. I went to Chadwick this last weekend and had a good time. What tires work best on the sand?

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

cough cough Sand Tires cough cough smile.gif

They have paddles on them that grip the sand very well. You can go out in normal tires but you will have a traction problem at times. One of my friends went out there with normal tires last time we went and he did just fine. He lost some manuvarability but over all it was alright. And he had a freaking blast! If you can afford to get sand tires then get some, if not, still go and have fun. Its a whole nother world.

Come on out the weekend of the 24th. We will show you have to have some fun.

BOBBY

#9 Post by BOBBY »

I'll be there!:head:

Happyboy

cool

#10 Post by Happyboy »

pm me your info and i will give you a call.