Winter ride planned for Allegheny National Forest

jcv440

Winter ride planned for Allegheny National Forest

#1 Post by jcv440 »

Hey guys,

the annual PaAtving.com winter ride is finally in set in stone. We're planning on riding January 4th. We'll be meeting at 10:00am. The PaAtving thread is located at:

From Interstate 80: Take exit 60 (Rte 66 to Shippenville), follow Rte 66 (either north or east) for aprox. 40 miles through Leeper, Marienville and Russell City. As you pass Russell City, it's only 2 miles to the RTE 948 intersection. Turn Right on RTE 948 South, and go aprox. 2 miles. You'll see the signs for the trailhead. It will be a right hand turn onto forest road 232 that leads back to the parking lot. There is a loading ramp there for people with pickup trucks. So you do not have to worry about bringing the ramps if you do not want to.

I now live about 7 miles away from the trail. My parents house is only 2 miles down the road, so we do have access to tools if something goes wrong. If people would like to spend the night after the ride or the night before, I have a couch, an extra twin bed and plenty of floor space, just bring a sleeping bag and a pillow. Anyone is more than welcome to spend the night.

We'll all gather at the trailhead, and the people who need a trail permit, can venture down to the Russell City Store. The permit is $35, and it's good for all year. You will need your ATV registration card to get the permit! It's a requirement!! The store does have gas and snacks for anyone that needs anything. And I will have some extra 2 stroke oil with me if anyone needs it. I did buy into a bike shop, so we will have access to sparkplugs and what have ya if things go wrong. We'll get you back up and running.

I think that's all, but if anyone has any more questions, email me at jcv400ex@hotmail.com.

jcv440

#2 Post by jcv440 »

Sounds good! We have plenty of 4x4's going...gotta have them for their ability to winch us nuts outa the deep stuff!

lol, yeah they'll probably remember each other, they couldn't have been too far away on the assembly line!