less than a week

pdavis

less than a week

#1 Post by pdavis »

it is less than a week before the spring ride and my quad is still in peices, anyone have the same problem?

Thomez, i will be there on thurs, if you need a hand putting yours together.... let me know

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

I definitely have the same problem, as does ******.... and I am sure others will too. We have joked about setting up an assembly line :eek:

Thanks for the offer, I don't mind helping anyone as well. I will warn you that I haven't had much wrench time on mine... but I can change the oil, spark plug, and I became a pro at swapping front ends in SoCal! :confused:

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

Both mine are in peices, looks like all the parts will be here though.smile.gif

Drew

#4 Post by Drew »

Mine is in pieces and won't be back together in time...:cry:

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

For once, mine is ready to ride!! I do have a couple things I can do to it, but nothing that'll keep me from riding.

I'm willing to give a little time to quad assembly. One thing, bring your own LocTite!

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Man this is really wierd mine is in one piece so far. I only have to do an oil change. I have a cordless impact for use on assembly and a tool box full of tools and even some loctite. I am not too sure how much riding I will be doing, but I won't mine turning wrenchs though!smile.gif

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

I need to swap for a clean air filter and remove my broken heel guard. Otherwise i'm ready to kick some butt!

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

My lower a-arm is here:)

I've got to move the front end off the Speed over to the Cannibal, install exhaust, radiator, batteries and chain.

Install the +1 a-arms on the speed, and I'd like to put the aluminum valve cover on it and fix the leaking water pump. It's not leaking much, so it may have to wait.

Anyone want to pick up a Mojave in Hanover PA on their way down? I've got to figure out when I'm going to get it back up there, but the whole motor needs to be torn down and gone through, and a new head installed. We found what was causing all the problems, a valve adjustment bolt backed out. This time it shot through the head and and blew out about a 1" wide chunk from top to bottom.:mad:

We found this after I had the hole in the case welded and installed a new counterbalance gear last night. Started it up and heard the valves and saw oil dripping from up top:eek:

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

where's hanover, jay?

CdaleRacer0128

#10 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

hopefully not, but there is a slim possibility that there will be an engine needin to be installe din my quad that day too:( but it should be done in time, hopefully dad can get up there n get it!