Forest Island Michigan

cannondale27

Forest Island Michigan

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Went for a trailride there for first time this sat.Had to go alone so I took it a little easy.Had alot of fun and starting to feel a bit more in shape for "the Race".Its located 30 miles south of Escanaba on M35.Didnt take too long to run the whole system about 30 mi one way.But was kind of challenging cause of amount of whooped sections.They also had boardwalks over some fragile swamp areas.Slot car time!The loops were mostly firelane so I took them on ride back.Was warned that some trails were tight.They were.Wide wouldnt work very well here.Rode Yfz since its narrow.Saw one bear and helped a blown up CR125 guy get to his truck.Other than that had trails all to myself.Going to start riding more in Michigan since trails in WI are getting crowded.MX Quad Dad do you live near any?Maybe we could hook up yet this year?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Trailhead.Really nice.About 1/2 mi off highway.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

A open section

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Tight woods section.This is where I saw the darn bear.Was not quick enough to get camera out but being alone and in this tight stuff I think I would have been lunch if it wanted.Revved the heck out of motor and it took off like a streak.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

These boardwalks were all over the swamps.After awhile it was kind of fun banging the sides in 3rd.Just like those go kart tracks!

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

End of line.Also a parking lot.Nice fishing in creek below according to some who were there.Headed back taking off shoots which turned out to be mostly 5th gear firelanes.Nice change of pace since I was spent anyhow.Great place for a afternoon ride.Not enough for a whole day though.

CptHook

#7 Post by CptHook »

**** man, those are some awesome trails. I wish I could say thats what the "tight" trails look like here, those tight look like the open ones we have here.

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

c27,

escanaba is about 2.5 hours from me. let me know next time you head over. i might be able to make it. we just picked up a big job near milwaukee so i imagine i'll be in your direction a bit too.