Hatfield/McCoy ride

NRath

#31 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by wyndzer
We usually run 6 in the front and 5 in the back and none of us got any flats.  I even ran my stock dale tires for one ride.  I probably ride slower than ya'll though;)

I was running 5.5 all the way around, which is up about a pound from what I usually run. Last time I went, I only had one flat that was caused by landing on a large rock while jumping which bent the rim.

Most of ours were pinch flats, so higher pressure would've helped those specific instances, except in the case of your tire Ryan. If we'd had the air up even higher, we may have been getting more flats in the tread(like you) because the tire would've been so hard. So, it's a catch 22. Which are you going to hit less of- rocks on the bottom, or rocks on the side wall? You know your going to hit them on the bottom, so I thought I had a fairly happy medium. I don't think the hole I got in the rear was a pinch flat- I think it was more like a piece of #4 rebar or something like that. The slit and hole in the bead and another hole 4" away from the lip tells me something shot up through the tire.

That's in addition to the fact that we were flat out haulin' around those hills!!smile.gif smile.gif Oh my, that was fun!!!!biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#32 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by k2-exr
hehe.  I hear ya Jaybr.  I'll be there next time you guys come back to ride HMT.  I am sorry I missed the ride!  Sure sounds like you guys a good time.

Sorry about that, I usually don't crack on people I don't know. Just sticking up for my newfound freind Motoman.

You wouldn't have had any trouble keeping up with me, I was riding in back of the pack behind my son who has a sprained wrist.

Now on Saturday when he sat in the truck it may have been another story:D

Motoman440

#33 Post by Motoman440 »

Don't worry about K2 Jaybr he deserves it, but thanks for the support!!! He gets all mad when I roast him on my C-Dale on that same loop!!! As for the flats fellows, next time we can go faster and try to keep three out of the four wheels off the ground so you have less of a chance getting a flat!!! biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

blown plugs

#34 Post by Ryanstones »

I don't know why i thought i'd be able to ride the KFX with the 5 plug gash in the tread. Hittin a nice berm kinda jump to about 30' yesterday I looked down and had slime mess all over the place and a nice flat too smile.gif Blew all 5 outta that pretty new 22" XCT!
Jay, if you are still willing to part with that pair of holeshots, I would sure like to have em. Get 'bunny' to take em off the wheels for ya, he owes me about $300 for that aluminum valve cover i gave him anyway! I'd also like to get that extra 'essential's tube too, if you want to part with it.
Here's the pic I blew em out on:

NRath

#35 Post by NRath »

I'm slow, but I get there. I just caught on to the "bunny" thing. 1st time I saw it in the other post, I didn't make the connection. That $hit ain't funny!smile.gif

Jaybr

#36 Post by Jaybr »

Their yours, you sure you don't want the 23" fronts too?

If you need them in a hurry, your gonna have to talk your bro into going over to the house and pulling them off the rims. I'm in Baltimore working all week for the next month and only home on weekends.sad.gif

4punksdad

#37 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by NRath
I'm slow, but I get there.  I just caught on to the "bunny" thing.  1st time I saw it in the other post, I didn't make the connection.  That $hit ain't funny!smile.gif

just keeps going and going and going biggrin.gif

Jaybr

#38 Post by Jaybr »

Hey Ryan,

Love those riding pants! Are they the new Dockers with stain guard?tongue.gif

Ryanstones

you gottalotta nerve buddy

#39 Post by Ryanstones »

raggin on my pants! in THIS thread? lmao!
I got run outta bluetraxx a long while back after I posted a jumppic wearing nuthugger jeans. smile.gif LOL I'm just not into mx garb, so YES they are in fact Dockers! The stainguard works pretty good too.

KMA JBr wink.gif

Now hustle back home and send me them 22's.

NRath

Re: you gottalotta nerve buddy

#40 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by Ryanstones
[B]I got run outta bluetraxx a long while back after I posted a jumppic wearing nuthugger jeans. smile.gif LOL

I tried to share the pic with the cannondale world, but you got lucky! It took me about 5 mins to find the thread and the pic is gone and replaced by the dreaded red X.

Oh well!wink.gif