Hatfield/McCoy ride

NRath

#21 Post by NRath »

The hole in the tire of Wayne's Raptor was unbelievable!! It took 10 plugs!! 5 in each of 2 places. And it held for over 20 miles of rough riding back to the truck!!! It had still not leaked down when we got back to VA. It was truly unbelievable! Fortunately that was our last flat of the trip, because we had used all the plugs we had.

Ohhh, what fun it was!smile.gif

NRath

#22 Post by NRath »

Ryanstones- Looks like that macro action with the camera is working pretty good! Those are some mighty clear close-ups!

Now get back to work so you can put that 'dale back together!

Jaybr

Advice

#23 Post by Jaybr »

One bit of advice for anyone heading out there, make sure your trailer will actually fit down a road before making the turn:eek:

Ryanstones

pinch flats

#24 Post by Ryanstones »

Better pump up the psi taco! You guys are going this weekend right?
I was thinking that several of our flats could have been avoided with higher pressures. Most of us were running around 5 psi and at the speeds we were hitting it wasn't enough.

wyndzer

#25 Post by wyndzer »

We usually run 6 in the front and 5 in the back and none of us got any flats. I even ran my stock dale tires for one ride. I probably ride slower than ya'll though;)

Jaybr

Re: h/mc ride

#26 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by djmac
jay
sorry  i missed you at the drag race. my son said i walked right by you but some how i missed seeing you. did you ever find your crew that night?

Yeah, found them back at the hotel. I missed MountainMan too, saw his truck in the parking lot when we where leaving.

AlaskaSpeed

#27 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Originally posted by Jaybr
The Speed ran flawlessly all 3 days with the only problem being my fault.  A couple of the rear sprocket bolts worked loose and ate into the swingarm, I caught it with one only hanging on by half a thread.  Should have used loctite last time I had the axle out.

LOL...Jay, I had that same thing happen to me during a race...didn't notice it til I was back in the pits after the first moto was over.....loctite, loctite, loctite.....ohmy.gif

Jaybr

#28 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
LOL...Jay, I had that same thing happen to me during a race...didn't notice it til I was back in the pits after the first moto was over.....loctite, loctite, loctite.....ohmy.gif

Fortunatly I had the tools on me to tighten them back up, but I checked them every break and they wheren't holding. Then Motoman pulled a bottle of red Loctite out of his toolkit and problem solved.

And those nuts on there are supposed to be locknuts.

Motoman440

#29 Post by Motoman440 »

Yeah, Yeah but you know one thing I didn't have is an axle and bearing carrier which is what you needed to go on the ride!!!! I think he was scared of those Dales fellows and used his axle problem as an excuse!!!!

Jaybr

#30 Post by Jaybr »

K2, you shoulda come along. Your EX probably would have kept up fine with the boys on the Warrior and Mojave ohmy.gif