Wohoo winter is here!!!!!!!

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Took the moto out for the first time since the PA group ride. That poor engine has got to blow chunks soon. It was taching all day doing high speed cross lake runs. We should have a countdown to detonation raffle.LOL
It was kind of funny watching Tonies stock 400ex hang right with 2 z450's. They even had ecm and exhaust mods. I could easily outpower them but I had an intermittant stalling issue later on in the day. Looks like the fuel pump leads were coming loose . If we go out tommorow I will break out one of the big dogs . Its good to ride again. biggrin.gif

yamadjs08

#2 Post by yamadjs08 »

Looks like a lot of fun! Havent been on a frozen lake in a couple of years... Still too early around here I think.

Is that the motor with the 12,500 rpm limiter???

ozarkdaler

#3 Post by ozarkdaler »

Looks like that would be a blast...

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ Dec 9 2006, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a lot of fun! Havent been on a frozen lake in a couple of years... Still too early around here I think.

Is that the motor with the 12,500 rpm limiter???

Yep still at 12,500. I think the valve springs are getting weaker . It sounds like the valves are starting to float when tapped out. Ive geared it to a 15 tooth in the front but thats obviously not enough .
The ice is cool this year again. Its crystal clear and you can see the bottom when the sun shines through it. It was very hard to tell how thick it was so our first few runs across the lake were flat out just in case there were patches of open water. Now that its traveled on all the other cowards came out and just followed our tracks. 6 inches of ice can support a lot of quads.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow 6inches already!I think I will have to get there next weekend looks like a blast.I took a walk out on river by me and there was still quite a few open spots.

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#6 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

I've gotta try riding some ice this winter, looks like a blast. biggrin.gif