Windrock ATV Park Memorial Weekend

xtremesj

Windrock ATV Park Memorial Weekend

#1 Post by xtremesj »

Hey Guys
Wanted to see if anyone would be interested in meeting up at Windrock ATV Park near Oakridge TN. www.windrockatv.com
There is going to be about 6 of us going there for the weekend and will be heading out On Monday to go to Tellico in NC.
Let me know if anyone is interested.
This will be our first trip there so if anyone has any trail suggestions or could be a trail guide that would be great.
Steve

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

You guys will have fun at Windrock!! Ryanstones and I were there about a year ago and enjoyed some good riding. We had 2 days and didn't go anywhere else, so the Tellico part will probably be a cool addition. It sounds like a good trip, but I've got to say, if you haven't been to H-M, I'd go there first! It's probably an hour+ closer, too. Either place is a great experience!wink.gif

NRath

Ohh Yeahhhhh, xtremesj!!!

#3 Post by NRath »

It just clicked that I know who you are and that I know you've been to H-M. Darn those screen names!! I catch on eventually!

How did your trip end up? Sucks we never got to get together. I did see you once, but didn't realize it was you till ater in the day. You were at a little service station when myself and 2 others rode by on the quads. I didn't recognize you because you had the Warrior buddy with you. We had an awesome 3 days of riding. Which trails did you get to?

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

Nrath,

Xtremesj is not who you think he is, but he is my Redline suplier:D

xtremesj

#5 Post by xtremesj »

Hey Nrath
You do have me confused. I have never been to HM, but I do plan on getting there soon. Maybe we all could hook up and go there sometime. I would like to get together with some other Dale riders.
Steve

NRath

#6 Post by NRath »

Sorry about that, it was the xj thing that threw me off. In any case, we should still get together sometime.

Where do you do your riding? With Blaze's, you must like the trails better than the track, so where do you ride? Is there any riding in Stafford these days? That was a really fun place. Do you ride in Dale City? Another great place.

xtremesj

#7 Post by xtremesj »

I prefer to ride trails. I used to race the District 7 MD harescrambles and the GNCC's on a 250X. We have a few different places to ride in the area. There is a powerline we ride in Stafford. We go out to Culpepper to ride at a friends grandfathers place. I have some trails here at my house too. I am planning on racing the GNCC at Petersburg next month.
Nrath where do you do your riding at?
I used to ride Dale City but that has been closed up for awhile.
We should hook up and ride sometime in June.
Steve

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

Sorry for the delay replying, been busy.

Lord willing, I'll be at the Petersburg race also. I live about 20 minutes from the track. I had hoped to run most of that series, but a couple things kept me from making the first 2 races.

Hard to believe that Dale City is closed up. With so many places to get in, I'm surprised. I had heard there were cops on bikes out there on an occasion or two, but not to worry about them. So what have you heard by "closed up"?

Stafford was definitely a great loss. Those trails in the median were great! I was there the day the guy got med-flighted out. He crashed right in front of me! That was a wicked experience. Do the Stafford power lines you mentioned hook up with the trails around the interstate?

Have you ever ridden the trails right next to Budd's Creek?

If you've got some good places to ride, I'm happy to drive. We'll have to make a plan. This is going to be a busy summer for me, but I'll get some riding in there some where!