Amphibous Cannondale!!!!

Chicken

#1 Post by Chicken »

hey
some of you have been asking to see these photos.
for those of you that have no clue what i am talking about...
ill just say we all do things a little different and here is one of them..

living remote in Alaska the only places for me to ride are any
where between 3 - 9 miles apart...by boat..

the are a few things you have to remember when trying this stunt is..

tie the boat very tight to the dock.

Get enough momentum to pop the front wheels over the rail of the boat.
(if not you push the boat away from the dock and you kinda half way go swimming/jammed between the

boat and dock... but i wouldn't know wink.gif)

and then BRAKES!!!! you have to remember to stop...

no kidding i saw a buddy of mine drive a Honda Rancher in one side of the boat and out the other..
and the water in the pics is 127 feet deep where i am at. giving him the bennifit of the doubt his atv went swimming at 99 1/2 feet and Never Seen Again....

Hope you enjoyed
Chicken

wayneschofield

#2 Post by wayneschofield »

My youngest son used to lie on his belly with his legs hanging over the back of my daughter's breeze for counter-balance and then literally drive on water. The rear wheels are so big and bouyant that the thing would float with him on it and paddle along.

Had to drain the water out of the belt housing after though or you weren't going anywhere on dry land again.....

If he sat on it as normal the front sank but, with his legs over the back...... true anfibian! It's a shame I never got any pics, the Breeze's have all gone now and he's probably grown too big to float on one now.....

Nickc711

#3 Post by Nickc711 »

thats awesome...are the trails long up there...i will be going on a fishing trip to alaska in the summer..any advice...

Chicken

#4 Post by Chicken »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Feb 9 2008, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thats awesome...are the trails long up there...i will be going on a fishing trip to alaska in the summer..any advice...

yea they are very long but i cant really call them trails because they are old logging roads that were groomed before they left.. its just not like the trails in PA where i grew up..
Chicken

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

That's just crazy! I see it and think the boat has to be seriously top heavy now! Watch out for the waves! Judging by the you, the boat, and the dock, I'm guessing you've got a pretty good handle on boating, though. Thanks for the pics!

As for the Honda, I'm surprised it didn't float- upside down of course. Given the chances of that happening, I believe I'd be tying a rope to the grab bar and the dock just in case!

Chicken

#6 Post by Chicken »

yea it can get a little top heavy at times but i can say that it will handle my step dads honda rancher in
4 footers..
that was almost to much. laugh.gif
we started to take on some water but the bilge and a bucket kept right up to it.

"full steam ahead and hold on"

yea for only being 18 i have a lot of experience on the water in small boats and commercial fishing boats.
ill be getting my captains license and my pilots license before my drivers license..... (no joke)

Chicken

Sand_Blaster

#7 Post by Sand_Blaster »

Thats nuts man... thanks for sharing

theJeStEr1340

#8 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

That is awesome, good luck on your captains lisence, a freidn of mine just got his 3rd mates lisence and is working on his 2nd. The tests seemed pretty hard, but he makes good money beign gone 6mo out of the year on a boat.

Chicken

#9 Post by Chicken »

QUOTE (theJeStEr1340 @ Mar 3 2008, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is awesome, good luck on your captains lisence, a freidn of mine just got his 3rd mates lisence and is working on his 2nd. The tests seemed pretty hard, but he makes good money beign gone 6mo out of the year on a boat.

yea there is a lot to memorize for those tests but luckly all i have need to get is my 6-pack and then my 100 ton master captain license so that narrows it down to about 10 tests

yea you make good money or go broke trying to make good money in the fishing end of the boats.
and thats why i do it..
its all a gamble and you need to know what to look for on the boats before you agree to work and stick with one boat once you find a good one. (the 100 ton masters will make me even more money)
ill leave for 4-5 months this july fishing for salmon for know then shrimping season will be here!!
YEAAA or i mean BURRR cold

Chicken

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

Do you know erything they is ta know bout the shrimpin bidness too?