A-class Trailriders

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Saturday I went for a trail ride with two A-class Harescramble, MX racers and HOLY xxxx! Now mind you I am no slouch and am in best shape of year but I will readily admit to getting my butt kicked. I actually was a bit scared at times. The trails in Antigo are much like Majestic but with way more rocks challenging at speed for sure. I don't know if it was me getting better or they slowed down a bit but was right with them in the end. No we weren't racing we were trailriding but there was a bit of passing going on. My point is if you ever get a chance do this. Don't ride over your head but try to keep up. It will make you a much better rider and can learn alot.

So here is one for all you A class racers out there. You earned it and frankly I am amazed once again at your abilities!
(hope I never have to ride with Pro Class!!)

2000ex

#2 Post by 2000ex »

smile.gif

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

That is pretty much how we ride all the time. There is a group of A riders and A vets that my buddy Whitezee(Lee) rides with that not only ride at race pace all the time, they pass each other. They take out saplings along the trail if they have to. Its an all out free for all. It's like a live action quad video game. Go anywhere, do anything to get around the leader. It's pretty insane.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

Thats not really the best idea on public trails. Jess, I don't know where you guys are riding, but where we ride up here, your going to kill someone that way.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Well, at Majestic the trails are all one way. There aren't many places to pass but we were hitting the trails pretty hard. The group that I was talking about typically ride in the winter at a place where they're the only people there. When I went it was snowing. Any other time, its on our own trails. There have been times that we ride like that on public trails but we're definitely safe about it.

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ Nov 8 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats not really the best idea on public trails. Jess, I don't know where you guys are riding, but where we ride up here, your going to kill someone that way.

Race pace woods riding on non-directional public trails is insane.The last thing I would want to to is nail a kid on a 90cc head-on. wacko.gif I have seen alot of close calls myself.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

What we did is just stay to the right at all costs. Passing only happened where it was safe. May have ticked off a few people but never came close to hitting anyone. Those trailtech lights help a bunch since leaves are all down visibility really isnt that bad in the woods. Had a coupe people comment that they thought a car was on the trail! Thats good makes then they get the heck out of the way! tongue.gif You guys have may not understand the level a a-class riders are at. This was a breeze for them and therefore it was safe for them. This is why you should ride with them. It cant be explained till you witness it. I think riding slow with someone inexperienced is far more dangerous and can give way more examples of just that. Cripes all you have to do is watch c-class MX. Guaranteed carnage especially at begining of year. I would take the trees if need be guaranteed.