Where NOT to ride...

speedracer

#1 Post by speedracer »

I have a nice piece of woods across the street from my house that I have built fun trail over the past few years. I go ride it a couple times a week with my stock exhaust four by Kawi, never take the Dales there, too loud. Never had an issue, until today. I was enjoying the mud, when I saw a police car at the dead-end street, the beginning of the trail, oh crap ohmy.gif I quickly backed up into the weeds and killed the engine. Decided to walk a little closer to see what he is doing, looked around the trail head a few minutes, got in his squad car and left. Figured I would give him a few minutes to clear out. About 15 minutes I walked out of the trail, towards my house, here comes the cop pulling up to me. blink.gif He stopped and asked if I had an ATV, I said no...covered in mud with wading boots and riding gloves on! He also asked if I seen anyone riding, then why I had mud all over me, I told him I was walking my dog who ran-off and I fell chasing him wink.gif, he said okay and pulled back at the trail head, waiting for the ATV devil to come riding out of the woods! Soon a couple of his buddies joined him, me just sitting on my porch waiting for them to leave! A few minutes later, all is clear, ran in the woods to get my Kawi, rode back to the house and parked it. I guess I need to quit riding my trail, just not worth it wacko.gif

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

If it is YOUR trail, tell the cop to get lost. If you are trespassing, well, you know what to do.

Me and some friends were riding in MY field one day, and a cop car comes driving out on my grass. I'm thinking, the neighbors finally had enough, but no, he was giving us the once over because someone had some quads stolen recently....it didn't take him long to realize these were not what he was looking for. Pete, were you there that day? I know chuck was...cops are never a good sight pulling into your riding area, even if you own the place, which I do.

speedracer

#3 Post by speedracer »

I dont know how owns it,kids have had bike trails there for years.

cannondalemaine

#4 Post by cannondalemaine »

I usually have to ride down the road about 2 miles to get to any trails and only one time had a cop bother me. He was a rookie and not very friendly. I just got home from a ride and just parked my quad when the cruiser pulled in my driveway. I dont go fast on this road because there are alot of pets and children ( i would be heatbroken to run over or have my dog get run over) But my quad is super load. Anyways i watched him walk into my garage and after a minuter or two of not coming out i asked him what he was doing. He seemed really suprised to see some one coming out of the house. He just asked if they were my wheelers in a snubby voice. I said yes and he continued to ramble about taking my quad away to impound. I was not impressed with how he handled his tone, im not sure if it is illegal for the cops to walk right into MY property so i kicked him out, called the county sheriff and asked him what was up. To this day i havent had any problems with the cops just game wardens but they are usually alright about stuff.

peterock

#5 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (UpsMan @ May 21 2010, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is YOUR trail, tell the cop to get lost. If you are trespassing, well, you know what to do.

Me and some friends were riding in MY field one day, and a cop car comes driving out on my grass. I'm thinking, the neighbors finally had enough, but no, he was giving us the once over because someone had some quads stolen recently....it didn't take him long to realize these were not what he was looking for. Pete, were you there that day? I know chuck was...cops are never a good sight pulling into your riding area, even if you own the place, which I do.

actually I wasn't there that day.