Bike Rig

Kuma

#11 Post by Kuma »

Looks like if you stood them all up you could have got 14 on the bed and another on the tounge but Any more that 10 guys in that extended cab would be a little bit of a tight fit tongue.gif

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

In my opinion, you timed it perfect! The trails would have been very busy if you were there for trailfest. Going just before and you get the fresh grooming and not many other riders! I know it was a blast- the Gilbert-Man trails are great, but I think they all are, really.

It sure would be nice if they'd offer some price cuts for passes near the end of the year since they're about to expire. For those that don't know, passes are $50 and run for the calendar year. I'm feeling we need an H-M group ride. Ever heard that before? We'll have to wait till next year when the snow melts. It's too cold to play up there in the winter! Idk, you Wisconsin guys could probably handle it!

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Definitly on top of my list for places to go yet.

pcleiter

#14 Post by pcleiter »

We've never gone any place 'sanctioned' before, so this was something new for us. Usually it's a trip out to so-n-so's friend's property here or there. So when we first started planning, we aimed for the Trail Fest weekend - but that was back at the end of August and everything was booked already. Most places were booked for the prior weekend too, but a week after calling, Chris from the Hawks Cabins called and said they'd had a cancellation so we jumped on it.

One of the really nifty things there is that you can ride your ATV on the streets. There are a few caveats in the rules, but for the most part, the laws treat you like any other vehicle. Our place was about 3 miles from town so we had a nice ride to look forward to every day. We rode to the gas station, we rode to the pizza shop, we rode to the cycle center, we bought a few cases of beer and drove 'em home on the racks. And I even got to come home with a souvenir - a traffic citation for speeding on my quad!!! (I really wasn't...) And my ATV didn't even get impounded!!! biggrin.gif

Yeah, the trails were really clean and fresh. And not tons of other riders to compete with. In retrospect, we probably were better off being there the weekend prior. I'm definitely down for another trip there. Worst part is that it's about 10 hours from me. But if a group ride gets going, you can count me in.

If you end up going, I'll go on record with a plug for the place we stayed at - Hawks Riverfront Cabins. Mike and his wife Chris are the owners, and they really made sure that we enjoyed our visit. Firewood, charcoal for the grill, linens, etc, all supplied. Check them out.

pcleiter

#15 Post by pcleiter »

Almost forgot to post a pic of this years convoy. We put a platform on the tongue of the trailer this year. Two Can-Am Renegade 800s up there, followed by a Can-Am Commander, 4 ATVs standing up, and another Commander. (My CDale made the privileged list and got to ride in the enclosed trailer.)

jesshamner

#16 Post by jesshamner »

That is pretty impressive.

NRath

#17 Post by NRath »

No doubt, Cleiter! That's pretty awesome! Good thing I haven't seen that set-up on the road, I'd probably wreck from staring trying to figure out what all is on it!

Good Job!

I bet that took a minute or two to load!