Bike Rig

pcleiter

#1 Post by pcleiter »

The guys didn't believe we'd be able to get all the bikes onto one trailer until my cousin pulled up.

pcleiter

#2 Post by pcleiter »

We traveled by night from Balto, MD to Gilbert, WV to ride the Hatfield-McCoy trail system. If we had planned better, we would have been there this weekend for Trail Fest, but the trails were still excellent. As a bit of a consolation, the trails had all been very recently groomed, so riding was at its finest.

This was the biggest trip for us yet - 9 guys, 10 bikes, 4 days, 800 miles away. We rode pretty much every trail between Gilbert & Man. The trails were great, the people were great, the accommodations were excellent (Hawks Riverfront Cabins). We really got to enjoy a part of Americana by witnessing the town parade on Friday afternoon.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats awesome! Must have been a great time. Never been there but really want to go soon.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

How did your dale do for you?Did you get alot of double takes,you know,"what is that"?

pcleiter

#5 Post by pcleiter »

If only... The battery on my 'Dale was dead when we arrived, after having been fully charged before leaving, and being connected on the bike for only 12 hours. I charged it up again, but it was dead again after less than an hour. Checked the voltage regulator and found that it was faulty, so... the Dale stayed at camp (fortunately it was 10 bikes and 9 guys so I rode the spare all weekend). But it would have been real nice to have another bike to soak some of the attention away from my cousin's Renegade. dry.gif

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

Welcome to the cannondale world.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Uhm even Cannondales dont break if you dont ride them UPS tongue.gif

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

It sounds like I got to ride more yesterday than you did. I rode mx for a half hour with zero issues. Then I drank beer. While you were walking back to the truck? LOL

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Got me there!

pcleiter

#10 Post by pcleiter »

So far, it has been a great bike... to look at and work on. wacko.gif But I'm not giving up yet! Patience will have its reward.