Dunbar trails

cannondale27

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Going next week. Will watch weather and decide day. Another awesome trail system!

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Oct 29 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going next week.Will watch weather and decide day.Another awesome trail system!

Saturday would be nice.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Bill is going saturday. Give him a call. We have Halloween Spooktacular sat and trick or treat sunday. Think about it. You have all winter to work. Take a day off and have fun!

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Leaving for Dunbar tomorrow. Meet at GV exit which is 1-43 to 172 exit then GV. 9:00am-whenever. Probably last ride of year.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

It was absolutely perfect again. Rained lightly night and morning before. By time we got there it was Sunny and 42 deg. Trails had recently been groomed in preperation for snowmobiling so it was smooth on many. Guy with YFZ did a few mods and he was pulling me a bit even in 5th, so 4th and 5th were norm. Just a blast we were grinning ear to ear every stop sign. Then it happened. YFZ went tight on a 5th gear dirt road. Had to tow him a good 15 miles to Dunbar and then go back myself to the truck about 3 hrs away. Made it to Dunbar by 3pm had to eat and then headed out to retrieve truck. Was starting to get dark already so the Trailtech got used. Wow I love those lights! I bet I saw 20 grouse and almost that many deer. Some Monster bucks are out there for sure. Such big racks that that was first thing a guy saw! This ride I finally got the GoPro aimed right so I have a lot of footage of the ride. It doesn't do well in low light and I am disappointed that the high speeds we were doing looked so slow on video but is some neat footage. It will take me a few days to post it since its going to be a big job and I have to work next two days. Here is few pics for now.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

That is an awesome ride report Steve! Its good to hear that some people are still getting in some epic rides. I need to invest in a light system so I can ride in the winter again.

Cameras never do any justice. I thought we were flying at Majestic this year and it just looks like we're putting along. There's only 1 good way to see it and that is to get out and ride.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

So true. I will tell ya how epic it was. Benny the guy who blew up isn't able to ride all year since he fishes. Well he has only ridden 3-4 times. All in past month or so. His motor blew and today he is digging in and lined up guy to do motor along with ordered parts. Why? Because next week he wants to go to Dunbar! Yes it was that fun. He is doing what it takes to get it done without complaint. Next week is end of season. Last chance. Come join us y'all!

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

I'm glad you got a picture of that. That is the first time in history a tow rope has ever been attatched to the REAR of a Cannondale. Good work sir!!!