Tigerton Blues

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Yesterday my wife and I took our Motos to Tigerton for little fun. I have not been there since I think 2003 . Anyways I played on the track for a while and then we went on a woods ride. Karen was following behind slowly as this was her first ride on rough ungroomed trails. I came up to a water hole that 4X4s were swimming through. I just crossed the first few feet of the hole and drove up onto the left bank to ride along side the hole and made it no problem. I dont think karen was watching what I was doing and with no experience with what the huge ruts the 4x4s leave in the hole she didnt stick to the side like I did. Anyways her right front wheel dropped into the edge of the rut (at least a foot underwater)so she turned back out to correct for it. Unfortunatly there was a large rock that the wheel caught on and made the whole right side of the quad slide in sideways. She was a trooper and tried leaning left and went to full throttle . That caused the quad to stop and nose up thereby throwing her off into about 3 feet of water. My sweetheart was fully underwater. I jumped in to pull her out ,she was soaked to the bone her glasses were muddy and all that was clean was the area under her eyes from the river of tears.
Being only a hundred pounds she was shivering right away so I got her in the sun and stripped her down as far as publicly possible to wring out her cloths and pour the water out of her boots. I have to hand it to her she was more shocked than anything and recovered remarkably well. She was just worried she had done something wrong and wrecked the quad. Being a Cannondale with an auto clutch it didnt even snub off and sat there half floating idling till the tether was pulled.
Anyway I am happy to report Karen is OK with just a small bruise on her leg. The only one injured seriously was one of the frogs in the water hole that was unfortunatly run over and broke its leg during the quad recovery.
I did take some pics of Karen when we got back to the truck to wash her off but she was in her skivvies so I cant post them. When we got home she said I should have had the helmet cam on to get a funniest home video submision which I agree it would have been.

speedfreek

#2 Post by speedfreek »

Sorry to hear Karen took a mud bath like that. Glad she's all right and nothing was broken. This is when you find out how much you like 4-wheeling Sounds like she handled it like a real trooper. You guys have way too much fun laugh.gif

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (speedfreek @ Aug 14 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is when you find out how much you like 4-wheeling Sounds like she handled it like a real trooper.

Yep, this is it! Does she ever mention riding again?!

It's good to hear she made it through okay, I'm sure it scared her to death! Good that it all went down like it did and wasn't any worse- several ways it could've went more wrong!

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Im pretty sure Tigerton is off the riding schedule for a long time. We will stick to the wider state legal trails.

NRath

#5 Post by NRath »

I lost my girl to offroading the first time she got hurt. Yes, it was a pretty significant hurt- staples in the side of the head. But, she hasn't been on a quad since! Even though the severity of injury was avoidable and her fault! She was idling through the woods looking for and calling our runaway labs, ducked to go under a branch and a front tire clipped a tree- handlebar to the head rather abruptly. Obviously, the helmet was in the garage...

I guess Majestic still isn't nearly as wide open as some of the trails you guys ride up there.

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Majestic trails are just different . They are one way and have jumps all over the place. Our legal trails have to be wide eonough for 2 way traffic and are more level. Lots of sweeping corners though. Tigerton trails are private and are just paths through the woods that a dozer took down. Lots of treefall ,roots, and mud holes as obsticles. Fun for the experienced but not for someone just learning the basics. As luck would have we were there to take an atv safety class but it was canceled as the traqiner had to work late.

Dude54758

#7 Post by Dude54758 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Aug 17 2011, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Majestic trails are just different . They are one way and have jumps all over the place. Our legal trails have to be wide eonough for 2 way traffic and are more level. Lots of sweeping corners though. Tigerton trails are private and are just paths through the woods that a dozer took down. Lots of treefall ,roots, and mud holes as obsticles. Fun for the experienced but not for someone just learning the basics. As luck would have we were there to take an atv safety class but it was canceled as the traqiner had to work late.

Legal trails in wi are actually dangerous as all **** lol. You cant really rive full tilt because of the 2 way. Never know who is around corner.