todays ride 8/24/03

Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Nice pics Joe. I have been Jonesing for new photos for a while now.biggrin.gif

NRath

Looks like more fun at the Punks Palace!

#22 Post by NRath »

Getting back up there for the full tour has been on my mind! I'll have to do it this fall!

We rode right by your house on the way to Gore for a race a couple weeks ago. That place was ROCKY!!!

nuge

#23 Post by nuge »

Nice pics of what looks like a great day. Careful of those branches (pic # 3) they'll put yer eye out!

4punksdad

#24 Post by 4punksdad »

now for the rest of the story................

about 1/2 way through the day 3 riders lose the group and head back to the house. They later find us on the trail and report that the cops were in my driveway :wow

I discount it and we ride on....................not long after we spot a strange quad approaching on the trail while we were stopped for a break. One of the guys spots the rider as a cop and we all bolt out.

I get home first and the wife reports that the cops were there looking for a stolen white yamaha. well..............needless to say, I immediately suspect our new riding partner on the yammy as a thief. When he gets back to my place I take his key and deliver his bike to the police cruiser parked not 100 yards from my house.

Turns out.................his bike was not stolen. He bought it fair & square. I apologized and so did the cops. Better safe than sorry. Glad to know the local police do more than chase us for fun. smile.gif Hats off to the warren county police...............they were definately doing their job on sunday.

P.S. they never gave us a bit of grief for running from them or riding our trails. They just wanted to catch a thief. :usa

Derno24

#25 Post by Derno24 »

Joe that is awesome. The police out there have the right idea. Work with people and they will work with you.