Building Doubles

LapTraffic

Building Doubles

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

Im going to be building a double at the house next month. I have a small jump there now that is essentially the burm for my driveway. Its about 2.5 - 3 feet high and pretty abrupt. I think Im bouncing into the air more than driving up a ramp into it. Ive got a decent approach to it, maybe 180-200' long.

I'll be modifying this burm thing into something a little more substantial and then I want to put the part where you land on as well so Im not bottoming out.

The question is I have no Idea how far apart to build the ends. Right now Im getting a little over 30' on the back tires from the jump I have, I figgure with building up the approch Ill get 40 pretty easy. Should I just table top the landing part with the down ramp at 40' and about 20' total of tabletop? What I really DONT want to do is hit the approach of the second ramp when Im coming down. I like air, but I dont want to kill myself doing it.

/''_____/'''''''''''''''''''''

Somethin like the above?

Anyway, pics and tips of your home made jumps would be pretty cool, plus the approximate distance from the top of your ramp to where youre landing.

Ryanstones

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

traack building

Try this link Lapper. Might be something useful.

LapTraffic

#3 Post by LapTraffic »

****, good page Ryan. You got any more info pages like regarding racing?

Thanks man