Awesome Fall Ride

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

That kind of looks like a place I went riding sunday. Its up near Dunbar . The trails are fast and furious.

cannondale27

#12 Post by cannondale27 »

Wistech you know it was Dunbar.I waited for you like I said till 9:00 wish we could have rode together.How did you like that new southern loop by Athelstene?Awesome huh?

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

It is really fast riding 5th pinned many times but there are also rocky trails and powerlines of sand whoops where if you let of or lean forward you will bite it.Plus plenty of twisty woods trails.My next ride will be GNCC in indiana and a final one day ride at Dusty trails in Oconto.Anyone want to come along?I was supposed to be done riding by now but the weather is to nice.Winky is going to have to wait awhile for my crankwork:D

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

awesome pics............looks like a great place to ride.:usa

wistech

#15 Post by wistech »

The guy I came up with didnt get ahold of me until 8pm saturday night so I didnt think i was even going . We stopped at the campground at 11:30. I didnt even know your name to check for your campsite but one of the people there said he saw a couple of cannons on saturday. The rain made the trail from campground very wet but the trails were outstanding and the water puddles were a blast skipping acroos at high speed. It didnt get dusty till late in the afternoon. I love the powerlines and the whoops were easily soaked up at speed with my new moto shocks. The guy I was with "No Hander Lander" said his back was sore from the whoops on his 400ex. I must say those are definitly cannondale trails where you can safely stretch thier legs for some extended periods. I saw two small groups of quads the whole day and one porcupine. 90miles This was going to be my last ride before I teardown the quad for powdercoating and inspection before the winter season . Im not sure if Im done either. Im sorry i didnt get ahold of you earlier in the week otherwise I would have worked through the night to get our quads ready.

cannondale27

#16 Post by cannondale27 »

I will probably do the Dusty Trails last sat in Oct.It is about 3or4 hrs worth of trails but they are fun.Your welcome to come along wistech or anyone else.
My ATV club Manitowoc OHV just closed on 68acres of land near Howards grove Elkartlake area.Five years in the making.Awesome piece of land.Have to be a member to ride there though.I will post pictures next time I get out there.Anyone interested in joining?

nuge

#17 Post by nuge »

It does turn my head a little, away form the desert and the dunes, to think of riding in Wis'can'son - nice pics and beautiful scenery. Ah, but your season in waning...the frost is about to settle on the pumpkins, the fodder's in the shock (whatever that means), and those North winds, blizzards and ice storms will follow - I know, I used to live in Minnesota. Out here in AZ, the season is waxing, temps are down below 100 finally, and the bikes are revving up for the trail, track, and dune, season ahead.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

Yeah Nuge it would be nice to be able to have two homes so you could have nice weather all year.Oh well now we just get ready for the Ice Racing and Snowmobiling.Brrrr:cool:

4punksdad

#19 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Yeah Nuge it would be nice to be able to have two homes so you could have nice weather all year.Oh well now we just get ready for the Ice Racing and Snowmobiling.Brrrr:cool:

nothing like doing a buck 20 on the snow............ smile.gif

nuge

#20 Post by nuge »

Those things come with spoilers yet?? You snowmobile dudes are something else.