GREAT Cannondale ride at Hatfield/McCoy

Jaybr

A few of mine

#21 Post by Jaybr »

Here's the backup ride. I think Jeremy liked riding it more than the rest of us.

Jaybr

#22 Post by Jaybr »

Ryanstones, Jeremy, and Nrath after the Rockhouse ride in the rain.

Jaybr

#23 Post by Jaybr »

Coming down a hill

Jaybr

#24 Post by Jaybr »

Another hill

Jaybr

#25 Post by Jaybr »

I didn't get many pics this trip, we never stopped long enough to get the camera out

NRath

#26 Post by NRath »

Yeah, that was an awesome trip- as they all have been!! Great Fun!!biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

One thing I want to mention- it's easy to ride in second or third place around those trails and think to yourself that you could smoke the leader. Try sitting on the point with absolutely no idea what's around the bend, at the bottom of the hill, over the top of the hill, or under the leaves!! It's almost scary!! Imagine meeting another rider around a corner that's running as fast as we were going the other way!!! OMG!!!

We had a great ride with no injuries due to accidents. There were plenty of us hurting, though! Another Great trip!!! I look forward to next time! I think we'll have to draw straws for which trails to ride next time we go!

Motoman440

#27 Post by Motoman440 »

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NRath
[B]
One thing I want to mention- it's easy to ride in second or third place around those trails and think to yourself that you could smoke the leader. Try sitting on the point with absolutely no idea what's around the bend, at the bottom of the hill, over the top of the hill, or under the leaves!! It's almost scary!! Imagine meeting another rider around a corner that's running as fast as we were going the other way!!! OMG!!!

I agree 100%!!! That thought goes through my mind everytime I am out there and have to lead!!! Luckily, I have not had any accidents like that but have been real close a few times. I have not heard of any accidents like that either and believe me it would be all over the papers if it did and someone got hurt or killed. As popular as the H/M system is becoming it will happen someday to someone I just hope that person doesn't het hurt. I wish they would develope a portion of the system for fast trail riding that was one way only. Heck, they should try and develope a GNCC course and hold some events on it. That section of the state sure could use the cash!!!! I think thats wishful thinking though.

Jennys440dale

#28 Post by Jennys440dale »

I should of never looked at this thread. sad.gif These pics make me wish I was back there again. Any trips planned for next year? Would like to meet up with a few other cannondale riders. Nick and I were the only ones in September who had cannondales.

Anybody get a flat tire??? Bear wallow ate up three of my tires AND rims!

Motoman440- how is your ride coming along? Got that swingarm fixed yet?? AND how's come we never saw any of those hillclimbs pictured on here?

MXMIKE

#29 Post by MXMIKE »

Sound like yall had FUN!!!

I thought some one stole my quad when I saw the #17. That my # to,lol.

:cool:

Motoman440

#30 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by Jennys440'dale
I should of never looked at this thread. sad.gif These pics make me wish I was back there again. Any trips planned for next year? Would like to meet up with a few other cannondale riders. Nick and I were the only ones in September who had cannondales.

Anybody get a flat tire??? Bear wallow ate up three of my tires AND rims!

Motoman440- how is your ride coming along? Got that swingarm fixed yet?? AND how's come we never saw any of those hillclimbs pictured on here?

Still workin on the swingarm issue. The pics (hillclimbs) that Ryan put out there are at Waterways and I believe the others that Jay put out there are at Rockhouse. We rode Buffalo Mtn. Next time you and Nick come this way we'll go to Waterways and I'll introduce you to these climbs. C-Dale riders are a great bunch of guys!!! WNF group would enjoy riding with the C-Dale group IMO. I sound like a ride broker. Now if I could only earn a commission on putting riders together with each other.biggrin.gif