GREAT Cannondale ride at Hatfield/McCoy

Ryanstones

#31 Post by Ryanstones »

Yea Mike, you are my hero man! I picked my # to be like MIKE!

Jenny, if you were following Dewey, you were lucky to even get back to the truck!
That guy can't find his way outta a paper bag, much less a hill climb!
Only 1 flat this trip, on the Vforce. We ran 6psi to avoid a repeat of the spring ride when we had like 6-7 flats.
I'm pretty sure we'll be going back in March! whoohoo! only 175 days to go:head:

oh NRath, quit cryin, if you don't want to lead then get outta the way!:cry:

Motoman440

#32 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by Ryanstones

Jenny, if you were following Dewey, you were lucky to even get back to the truck!

:eek: If she only knew!!! I'm workin on that issue though. I guess I'll just have to slow down and watch were I'm going. LOL!!!biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

I was j/k motoman!

#33 Post by Ryanstones »

I do hope we'll get to see you up there in 04! Flyin those trails is more than almost scary, it can be flat terrifying! That's the fun though, and i'm rarely scared til after the ride is over and thinking about it.

I heard some talk about a volunteer dozer operator getting killed? Man, hate to hear that. I really hated all those fresh graded trails too.

Motoman440

Re: I was j/k motoman!

#34 Post by Motoman440 »

I do hope we'll get to see you up there in 04! Flyin those trails is more than almost scary, it can be flat terrifying! That's the fun though, and i'm rarely scared til after the ride is over and thinking about it.

I heard some talk about a volunteer dozer operator getting killed? Man, hate to hear that. I really hated all those fresh graded trails too.

No problem, I know your J/K but the problem is it's true. Been ridin there for 3 or 4 years and still get lost in that place. I'll eventually get ya back to the truck though. I didn't hear about the dozer guy gettin killed. But geezz, could you imagine ridin a dozer on some of those trails!!! It's bad enough on a quad in places!!! Not to mention the dozers they use are usually the very small ones that look like they are top heavy to me. Not a job I would want.

thomez

#35 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by MXMIKE
Sound like yall had FUN!!!

I thought some one stole my quad when I saw the #17. That my # to,lol.

:cool:

LOL! Look! :usa :deal:

jesshamner

#36 Post by jesshamner »

I came around a corner once there and almost hit somebody on a utility quad. We were going pretty fast and so were they. I always expect someone to be around the corner just so I am ready. Thank god I did it that time. They crazy guy couldn't ride worth a darn. He locked it up and slid from side to side. I stopped, watched what he was doing, and simply moved a few feet out of the way. It was like he had no idea what to do. LOL. I'm glad I expect something around every corner. That could have been a deadly accident.

MXMIKE

#37 Post by MXMIKE »

Another #17:head: My # helps me remember my b-day my wifes b-day and our wedding anaversery:D 3 birds with one stone.

Hopefully one of yall will do something COOL and some one will ask..... man was that you........YEP:D :w: :drink:

Jennys440dale

#38 Post by Jennys440dale »

Thank god he wasn't leading then! I am a follower. When exceeding TPM (trees per minute) I usually don't have time to think about where I am.

Dewster-- we rode Rockhouse on Thursday and I never saw those hills?? Waterways is for sure on my list next time we go. I will stay bear wallow. Rockhouse and waterways!!!! The WNF gang can get along with anyone. Especially Buckeye and Magnum.

Motoman440

#39 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by Jennys440'dale
Thank god he wasn't leading then! I am a follower. When exceeding TPM (trees per minute) I usually don't have time to think about where I am.

Dewster-- we rode Rockhouse on Thursday and I never saw those hills?? Waterways is for sure on my list next time we go. I will stay bear wallow. Rockhouse and waterways!!!! The WNF gang can get along with anyone. Especially Buckeye and Magnum.

Lookin forward to it!!! Let me know a week or so ahead of time in case my quad is broke.

mountainman10

#40 Post by mountainman10 »

Hey guys, sounds like you had an awesome ride. I will have to try to try to make the next one. It's a shame that I live right in the middle of the trail system and very rarely get to ride. I purchased a new business and have been putting in 70 to 80 hours a week since May. That is why I have not been on the forum in the last couple of months. I plan on taking a lot of time off in the spring and plan doing a lot of riding. Let me know the next time you guys come down. I will definetly try to schedule some time off.

Billy